Pre Op Depression & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon, sounds like you've done some home work and read some threads. All that prep helps alot. My OS/hospital did the class as well. and I was a frozen pea person also. The Ben & Jerry's was an internal coolant right? Now that you are a Vermonter you must get it cheap.

Roo-- When I had my surgery I lost 35 lbs-- I just could not eat for several weeks.. my appetite is back (darn it) and..i saw an ad that said 1 pound of weight loss relieves 4 pounds of pressure off our knees.. so... looks like we all need to have a weight loss challenge!!! Blessings Linda

Oh hi Linda welcome over! Hey too bad it couldn't be 4 pounds for each knee. That would be 8, pretty close to 10 (in case your math hats are off).

If I ever had a math cap, I probably ate it! I was more of a writer, grammar and literature person. Rough night tonight - I was the moderator for a trivia night at my sister's church and for some reason I just can't do it sitting down, so I stood about 2 1/2 hours behind the mike tonight and both my knee and my hip are protesting loudly. I've iced my knee in hopes that I will not be miserable tomorrow. Just another day, right?

Roo....I hope the icing helped.....are you feeling any better today? If it's any consolation, all of us have overdone it at some point and paid the next day. I think it's just part of getting back to a normal life during your recovery time. It gets better and better with time....HONEST!

That's what I keep telling myself - even though the surgery is probably months off, when I get scared, I try to remember all of the things I'll be able to do if I work hard afterwards and get back to normal. I think it's that thought that will keep me going. I am NOT a patient person, so all this waiting will drive me crazy. I think I'll be okay with the recovery because I'll have you guys to talk to and a specific goal. My end result goal is in December. I want to lose enough weight to wear a specific outfit to our Christmas party with heeled boots. If we do the surgery sometime in July or August, it might not be an unrealistic goal. Thanks for your encouragement even though I'm not "one of you" yet. BTW, I have passed this site on to all I know who are having or going to have knee surgery. It's the best positive reinforcement around!

Wow, Simon, you do a lot of research and I have been taking your lead and asking questions and researching my area too. Does June seem like a long time away for you? I think mine should be around July sometime - that's my guess by the time I get organized and scheduled for surgery. You said you didn't have any family in state - are you planning to go home alone after the rehab center? I am planning on returning to my apartment without help, but I may be dreaming. I guess it all depends on how my recovery goes. I am assuming the hospital in Illinois I'm going to also has some sort of prep class to tell you everything you need to know about the operation, post op, etc. I'm currently checking on laptops - calling the guy who repairs mine too to see if he can find one for me to use for a few months. Anyway, hang in there - we both have time to plan, organize.......and worry. (Unless you are not a worrier - I know I am.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member