Pre-op blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovetocookandsew

Staff member since June 5, 2019
BoneSmart Staff
Country
United States United States
I'm a day out and not sleeping. I keep reading about "post-op blues". Well, I'm having "pre-op blues". It's all I think about now, and I'm a nervous wreck. You know that feeling you get in your stomach when you're doing something like being up high and petrified of heights, etc? I have that feeling almost all day now. I'm even a bit teary eyed and feel like I just want to cancel. I suppose this is normal, but it's still difficult and no fun. I have some things left to do later today, but I wish I had a ton of stuff to do to keep me busy and my mind off Tuesday. I'm going to try to get some sleep, if I can. I'm hoping they're doing my surgery early Tuesday, I'll know sometime today when they call me with my surgery time. As bad as I am already, I don't want to have to wait around all day Tuesday for a late time. This is not fun!

I am up early too, figure it is practice for Tuesday morning, have to leave the house at 430 am, for my 730 appt with the OS. Having been through this once seems to help, I kinda know what to expect.
Yep, I am thinking, geeze, maybe I should go on a vacation, or maybe tomorrow is an unoffical holiday for surgeons. On and onward, sigh,

You are about to embark on a journey that will change your life. Read the last page of my recovery thread in my signature. I am alive again...9 weeks later.....no wheelchair threat...I can walk.....WALK wonderful with minimal pain. I had huge jitters....but trust me....you are getting life back! See you on the other side hon!

Here is hoping that you are batting first in the line-up tomorrow! Waiting is indeed the hardest part---but soon, you will be on the "Other Side" and you will be reclaiming the life and lifestyle that arthritis has stolen from you!

Everyone is nervous and if they say they're not, they're lying! Like you, i thought maybe I wasn't that bad and should cancel. I woke up the morning of surgery and seemed oddly calm. I guess I just wanted it done! We'll all be thinking of you tomorrow and will be looking forward to hearing about your recovery! Just think, this time tomorrow it will be over with!

Hi, lovestoread, longtime no talk. I hope you're doing well. Thank-you for your encouragement.
Referee54 and Karringtyn-thank-you both, too.
Here's the good news, I'm scheduled to arrive at the hospital at 7 am, so no long nerve-wracking day of waiting tomorrow! The bad news, I am going through with it........But this will be good news one day when it's all behind me.
Pumpkin, here's hoping we both get some sleep tonight. I finally got a few hours last night (this morning actually...lol), and I wish you all the best tomorrow.

I'm doing well.....better than I had hoped....and you will be too!

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

here's the good news, I'm scheduled to arrive at the hospital at 7 am, so no long nerve-wracking day of waiting tomorrow!
That is great---you will be numero uno on the list! No time to worry or to fret!

The bad news, I am going through with it........But this will be good news one day when it's all behind me.
I am willing to bet that in a while, you will be thanking yourself that you made this decision!

It will not be "good news"---it will be great news!

Good luck to you! We look forward to your updates! I love early surgery times too.

RTKR - 9th December, 2013

Hi @lovetocookandsew, I felt exactly the same before mine. Almost decided it had got so much better..... But it hadn't really. Lots of luck for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. Xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have 28 days still to be anxious. lol

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®

@msmechanic58, aw :( just a spend the time you have doing as many things that will make your pre op recovery as straight forward as you possibly can. It will go very quickly really and it's amazing how doing small things like having your hair done and pre preparing food so it just has to be heated up, getting your house cleaned before you go in also helps. Mind you, my house looked spotless when I went in but by the time I came home 10 days later, .well!! Good luck with yours, keep us posted. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member