Prayers and Best Wishes to Josephine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi JO
Wishing you all the best for tomorrow. I know all will go well as you have been a guardian angel to us all and now it's payback time. It must be weird for you to be on the other side of the fence - just let everyone take care of you for a change :)
Always in my prayers,
Carol

Hello Jo,

As others have said, you are in our thoughts and prayers as you embark on this journey. Remember all the good advise that you have given all of us and I'm sure things will go well.

Vern

Welcome, Bcauser. Am I reading your post correctly that you live across the street from our dear Jo? If that's true, we'll be trusting you to keep an eye out on her once she returns home and to report on how she's doing while she's still unable to post. We love our Jo!!
Oh so sorry for this miscommunication!! Met the forum I am on is "across the street" figuratively speaking. So sorry, Jo will know what I mean

Josephine God speed tomorrow. Many prayers go with you, much experience before you, (lol). jen

Jo,
Having had both knees replaced in the past year, I strongly encourage you to convince the powers that be that a toilet seat "riser" is in your best interest (as mentioned in your check list). It is a long bend down there especially in the first month.
All the best tomorrow
Wayne (dw6928)

Well Jo I remember what I was thinking about this time just before my surgery. "Gee my knee isn't to bad right now, wonder why I am putting myself through this". Well keep in mind the stairs you can't climb and the hills(big and little) you can't even begin to walk up. All the pain pills you pop, and the the upset stomach that goes with that. Not going to say this will be easy cause it won't but will say it will be worth it!!! You will get a life again, hopefully pain free, and as normal as your life once was. I know you have the best doctor available to you so for a few hours put your faith(that you can't see) in God, and your faith(can see) in the doc, lay back and say "bring it on". Good luck and the Lord be with you.
Your friend and fellow knee replacement
Bonnie

http://www.vet.upenn.edu/Portals/0/images/eCards/horse-get-well.jpg

Oh so sorry for this miscommunication!! Met the forum I am on is "across the street" figuratively speaking. So sorry, Jo will know what I mean

No problem, Bonnie.....we're just glad you joined us here at BoneSmart!!!

Hey Jo GIRL UP! You can do it. We are here for you like you have been for us. I will be praying for ya.

Gary

It is now 2.45am in UK Jo, so I hope you are mangaing to get a good night's sleep at the moment. When you read this (if you have time) I should be fast asleep.

Have an easy and successful surgery, hope we can all be as helpful to you as you were to us. Post ASAP, will be checking BS all day off and on.

Much love and lots and lots of ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) Sue xoxoxo

Josephine:
The best of good fortune to you on this wonderful day. You are sharing a surgery date with a my cousin who is having emergency neurosurgery in Washington D.C. this morning. His surgery is much more life-threatening than yours (or mine) but both of you are in our prayers.
tom

God is watching over Jo, TBone's cousin and Melissa today!

I believe that sometimes God wants us to experience extreme discomfort in order to teach us how to appreciate the small things in life again. All the little milestones during recovery are like gifts, that we never knew had so much value! Hence, we learn to appreciate a more humble life.

T,,,,,,Blessings from me as well! I know we joke a lot,
But I will say a prayer for your cousin that
He has a successful outcome today! Sending
Positive thoughts & love your way!

Josephine:
The best of good fortune to you on this wonderful day. You are sharing a surgery date with a my cousin who is having emergency neurosurgery in Washington D.C. this morning. His surgery is much more life-threatening than yours (or mine) but both of you are in our prayers.
tom

TBone.....so sorry to hear of your cousin's emergency. He and your family will be in my prayers. Please let us know how things go.

Thank you for all your prayers and apologies and thanks to Jo for allowing me to share in this post. More good news! Just got the preliminary post op.report minutes ago from the surgeon for my cousin. Surgeon thinks he got the whole tumor, believes it is not a glioma (the real bad one), thinks it is cancerous and secondary to a small lung tumor ( this is actually good news), thinks it can be treated with radiation and chemo, has patients with this problem who are alive and well 8 years post op, and believes he will discharge my cousin in 3 days! Amazing, and while this may sound a bit disconcerting, it is wonderful and hopeful news considering what he was facing and considering the initial diagnosis. Thank you all for your prayers and I am so thankful that Jo apears OK too.
Tom

Great news, Tom. Here's hoping things continue down this good path in the months to come for your cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie