PRAISE GOD and thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatiger

graduate
I have just gotten home from therapy and I have to share with all of my friends a most wonderful feeling. The 'gang' knows by now that this recovery has been a HUGE emotional and painfull experience for me. I have been so desperate and depressed at times that if it were not for the compassion of people on this board, I truly don't think I could have gotten through to this point. I have sat at this keyboard with tears running more times than I would like to admit, but today I feel great! For the first time since my surgery 9 weeks ago, I am really good. There was no miracle accomplished, in terms of ROM, but today I realized that I am better off than I was before the op. I can do the things that I need to do in my normal day without hurting. I did all my exercises at therapy and my only complaint was a lack of stamina. I can't do what many of the other people there can in terms of weight or bend, but I DIDN'T HURT! I can do so much more than I could a few weeks ago and for that I am thankful. I can't bend the knee as much as I would like, but I can 'get by' with that. I am able to do what 'I' think I need to do, and I have stopped beating myself to death because I can't do what 'they' want me to do. I have a new knee that works pretty well and it doesn't hurt. I did not become a 20 year old again. I won't play college ball, but I can go on with my life and enjoy it. I still have to see my OS next Wednesday and I don't know what he will say, I need him to release me so I can go back to work. I have refused to let the therapists 'help' me bend my knee the last two visits because, for me, I can't mentally justify going through that anymore. Some folks, my therapists for sure, may think that I have given up, but I feel like 'a man' again for the first time in months. This is my knee and if I'm good with it, that's all that counts. I'm sorry about the long post and the rambling, but it was on my heart to share. I am not advising anyone to do what I have done, I just felt a need to say thanks to all you guys for your caring and support that you have given me through what has been some of the toughest times of my life. I know I have a way to go and there may be some bad days ahead, but Thank God, today is good.

PTL! I'm so happy for your change of attitude and your spirit. We are all our own people and we have to decide for ourselves what we want from life. Your mental state sounds so peaceful and content. I welled up with tears knowing what you've been through and where you are now. You are an incredible person and you have provided all that caring and support right back at us. God bless your day and your appt with your doc next week.

Skeet

Ohhhhh...this is awesome! Nothing like feeling good, huh?
I'm thrilled for you!!!
Pdog

OK, now fire up that Harley Brother! Glad to hear your feeling better in the "spiritual and physical" areas. Keept those spirits up!
Chuck

Gat,
Fantastic news. I believe it would be safe to say you "took charge" of yourself and know where you are and where you're going. Keep posting I find your plight an inspiration. Also, your expressions of faith as well as those of others on this site have lifted me out of a dark spiritual slump. Thanks to you and all...

Doug my friend, if you're using me for inspiration you need higher goals bro. As for my faith, that has been a journey as well. God has blessed so much, no credit to me, I can only tell you what He has done. T-man, I just got back from an hour of FREEDOM man. Took your advice, and its all there. Gotta get my duds next time though. Love y'all.

Please allow me to try and express this. There is lady in Oregon, whom I've never met, heard of, or even know anyone who has, that cared enough about me to reach out and try to comfort me when I was at my lowest point. There is a lady in England somewhere, again I have never heard of, that has as much medical knowledge of what is happening with me as anyone in the world, who will answer all my questions for FREE and lead me by the hand as I try to understand what is going on with body and mind. There is a beautiful woman in North Carolina that ALWAYS manages to make me laugh and makes my day better no matter how I feel, never heard of her either. There is a guy in New Jersey, for God's sake, that shares my love of motorcycles and all that goes with them, even has a bike exactly like mine, never met him. There is a retired cop in Florida that must have been listening to same music as me all his life, didn't have a clue he was around. There are people all over the place who have reached out and tried to help me through a real tough spot when none of them have anything to gain by doing so. ALL OF THESE PEOPLE are in one spot, at one time, that is accessible to me 24/7 when I have been here at home by myself all day while my wife works. Anyone who thinks this is 'just luck', well they just don't get it. I don't think of myself as a 'religious person' but I KNOW HE has a plan for all of us and the sooner we get on board with that the better. May the Lord bless you and keep you and give you Peace.

Gatiger,

We're here for you in Ohio, too! It's so good to hear you sounding like you're feeling stronger and more at peace. To borrow from the recovery community, take it one day at a time. Remember, if you have another day when you're feeling down, it doesn't have to stay that way. And always reach out to the rest of us if you need any help getting back to the feelings you expressed today - we'll all do what we can.

God bless,
Susan

Thanks Susan. If I have learned nothing else it is that all of us need help in some way or another. This board has revived my faith in people. Where I am, is where I am. Thats OK.

Gat, it is more than okay, it is PERFECT!

GA: Well said my Brother..............I heard someone say "There is no such thing as coincidence". Everything is planned by the Creator!
Chuck

yippittydooooooo! I feel all warm and fuzzy! (actually, I AM a little fuzzy......can't stand shaving my new booboo)
My brotha...we're not here by accident.....I think that is SO cool!

Patti - do you also sport a knee mohawk as do I? I'm starting to like the little blonde fuzz. Maybe it will be trend! I hate shaving over the incision. It's a bit raised in spots and I'm afraid I'll shave off the skin and oh, that just sounds gross and painful!!

Skeet

I don't care if mine turns into a fu-man-choo.....lambchops....handlebar mustache.....uni-brow...whatever..I ain't shavin' it.....it grosses me to the point of shuddering.....(is that a word?)

Skeet and Patti

You two are indeed trend-setters!

I used to hate wearing shorts because my knees were so ugly after the previous knee surgeries.... now I have a whole new respect for my knee and don't give a rip WHAT anyone else thinks about it. I plan to break out the shorts and sandals and show it off--- well maybe I'll wait for the weather to get above 54 degrees first....

BTW- I have an "innie". My scar is perfectly smooth and shaving over it is not an issue. I think I finally found an advantage to the PKR. It is off to one side, not down the middle like yours must be. And it is only about 4" long.

Please allow me to try and express this. There is lady in Oregon, whom I've never met, heard of, or even know anyone who has, that cared enough about me to reach out and try to comfort me when I was at my lowest point. There is a lady in England somewhere, again I have never heard of, that has as much medical knowledge of what is happening with me as anyone in the world, who will answer all my questions for FREE and lead me by the hand as I try to understand what is going on with body and mind. There is a beautiful woman in North Carolina that ALWAYS manages to make me laugh and makes my day better no matter how I feel, never heard of her either. There is a guy in New Jersey, for God's sake, that shares my love of motorcycles and all that goes with them, even has a bike exactly like mine, never met him. There is a retired cop in Florida that must have been listening to same music as me all his life, didn't have a clue he was around. There are people all over the place who have reached out and tried to help me through a real tough spot when none of them have anything to gain by doing so. ALL OF THESE PEOPLE are in one spot, at one time, that is accessible to me 24/7 when I have been here at home by myself all day while my wife works. Anyone who thinks this is 'just luck', well they just don't get it. I don't think of myself as a 'religious person' but I KNOW HE has a plan for all of us and the sooner we get on board with that the better. May the Lord bless you and keep you and give you Peace.

gatiger, I am all teared up! Your post spoke more to me of my Lord than many I have read in a while - and I mod on the largest Christian forum in the world!! Don't that say a lot!

But I must say - this community/fellowship here gives me such job satisfaction you wouldn't believe. And I know if I ever get to the point of having to have a TKR, this will be the place to come. So far the Lord has been gracious enough to make that unnecessary (and I have the two sets of xrays to prove it!) but I so enjoy fellowshipping here anyway!

For what it's worth, I think you ALL rock!

I don't care if mine turns into a fu-man-choo.....lambchops....handlebar mustache.....uni-brow...whatever..I ain't shavin' it.....it grosses me to the point of shuddering.....(is that a word?)

I want pictures ...
ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_4.jpg

oh and Skeet and Patti, I am with you on the shaving thing, but I have to shave my legs, I can't stand it, I was however considering the tweezers vs. razor.
It is getting better though, the numbness is shrinking. So I would just be down to a soul patch if I didn't shave it!

Gatiger MAY GOD continue to bless you for many many many days to come im so happy for you and proud.....I know what ya mean by depressed i just asked my wife a few min ago if she sould getme some more coffee and i began to cry ?? im so tired of having her wait on me hand and foot and im only 9 days post op :O( but with the good lord on my side i will make it ..MAY God bless you all and huggggggggggs from OLE JIM ....... thanks for listening to my rambles ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back