TKR Powerhouse's Recovery

At almost 9 weeks now, I just noticed I am now beginning to be GLAD I had this TKR!!! :)

I didn't think I would ever get here......some Advil once in awhile is all now... I am so grateful I followed BoneSmart's PT recommendations! Sometimes it feels like I'm almost totally back to normal!!!! :yes!:

I do remember from my last one in 2015, weeks 10 to 12 brought back renewed pain in the middle of the night....I am believing that won't happen this time!! :prayer:

Just keep it slow and listen to your body @Powerhouse, You are doing great, but that when it's easiest to over do. Reaching that moment you realize you're glad you had TKR :happydance:!

Hi all - hope you all are doing well; it's been awhile!

I am about 9 months out for right TKR surgery and have been doing great - after a couple months of hell & obstacles right after the surgery.

I've been waking up in the middle of the night the past few weeks with terrible pain in my knee - it is a burning pain. It wakes me several times a night.

Any ideas why this is happening?

What is your activity level right now? Have you started any new activity recently? Have you moved anything heavy or shifted furniture? You need to look at what is different about these past few weeks.

What is your activity level right now? Have you started any new activity recently? Have you moved anything heavy or shifted furniture? You need to look at what is different about these past few weeks.
No...nothing new....or different in past few weeks. That's what concerns me.

Does this occur every night? Or is it just sometimes? Is there anything that makes it better? Or makes it worse?

And am I understanding this pain only occurs at nighttime?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022