THR Power Lift Recliner?

Naps

Country
United States United States
Hello,
I've seen so many posts about people renting recliners post op. Am wondering what type they are? Are they lift chairs?
Will be having an anterior RTHR done on the 3rd, and am wondering if I'll need such a device. I see that Carex makes a "Power Lifting Seat" and I can get one second hand, unused at a very reasonable price.
Do you think I will need such a thing?
Trying to figure out what is necessary, already have my cane, shower chair and my cold machine is on it's way.
Thanks in advance, Happy Holidays to everyone!

@Naps Many of our members found their recliner was a real help post THR. Sleep issues are all a part of this recovering. Members who had a recliner found sleeping in it in the early days was more comfortable.

Having said all that, I didn't have a recliner for my recoveries and was fine. I think it's all about what you can afford and what is available to you.

I got along fine without the power lift option, but we put blocks of wood under my chair's feet to raise the height of the seat. It made getting up much easier.
Having a comfortable chair is important - you'll be spending lots of time in it.
Go with the one that you like better.
And don't forget to get yourself at least two grabbers/reachers. Indispensible for retrieving dropped items and handy for getting dressed. Two, because you're sure to drop one. I had a couple of the lightweight ones and one heavy duty.
Good luck!

@subie2021
Thanks for your reply. I have a few grabbies because I am not able to reach the floor now, preop. Although not heavy duty, husband found a place to get them inexpensively.( Harbor Freight)
I have a recliner that's not comfortable for me now, so I am a t a loss as to how it will be afterward.

@Jaycey Not sure if my recliner will work, it's more of a chair. I guess we'll see if we we might have to make an emergency purchase. I haven't slept more than 2 consecutive hours for 6 months, I'm so tired.

I bought a power recliner but not a lift recliner. I didn't have any problems getting in or out of a chair as long as it wasn't too low and had arms. Something to know about power recliners is check if it has a battery back up and test it. If the power goes out when you are reclined post-op it would be important.

@Eman85 Thanks. I'm going to see how my chair works out, it kind of has low profile arms. I can't imagine getting stuck in the recliner!!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Forum statistics