Post RTKR - 15 weeks: Crossing legs and Kneeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
I experience the same "unstable" feeling in my non TKR (left) knee. My knee goes out like the way you had described. I was told his was from a torn ACL which is what holds the knee joint together. It happens to me on flat ground as well as going DOWN the stairs. This is one reason I had started my TKR surgery process. It is a horrible feeling knowing you can "go down" a any time.

NN

Yep, I agree that it is awful to never know when you'll fall flat on your face. Only thing is, I've never had any ligament damage that I know of....nothing ever showed up on MRIs or with that first surgery. I suppose I will never know and will just have to chalk it up to the Knee Gremlins. But at least the NEW KNEE is feeling so much better. That's what keeps me smiling when I'm working hard on the rehab.

Hey NuNeez - long time no see. How are you doing?

Well hello there to you too Jo.... I have been doing ALOT of relaxing and thinking (maybe TOO much). The weather in NYC is pretty lousy and I have been feeling lousy myself. After going to PT and not doing so good (in my mind) I kinda been a little down. It has been 4 weeks and I do not feel as good as I was hoping to feel at this point. I can ride the bike and do 1000 steps but my ROM is only at 80. I was thinking that I would be father along in my ROM and Flex. And there is still alot of soreness at my lower quad muscle. I wll see my OS on thurs and take xrays, so Iguess I will see then how I am doing. I hope better than I have been feeling. I have bee down and have even considered not doing my other knee because of the emotional and physical roller coaster. I know its very early and my OS is going to tell me there was ALOT of damage to my knee and it is going to take time BUT it is hard. So thats where I have been : 0

Hey NN--
Been there, done that! It is soooooooo normal to feel that way at 4 weeks! I think every one of us thought we would be almost "done" at that point and it has taken a lot of support from the others here to make the attitude adjustment necessary to carry on in a healthy way. Too much thinking can lead to depression and less healthy activity.

I am at 15 weeks and still have that pain at the top of my quad, also in the tendons behind my knee and my hamstrings as I have increased my activity. I still have that same old ache in my knee sometimes too.

So does almost everyone on here at one time or another. It can be related to activity level, PT/rehab exercises, length of time PO, or just the darned weather! This is a long road we are on--- but it does get better! And you ARE still very early in your journey.

Have you been reading posts here? (If not you have missed some crazy days lately!) We are still here for you! Have a laugh with us and ask for help and encouragement. That is what it is all about!

Well hello there to you too Jo.... I have been doing ALOT of relaxing and thinking (maybe TOO much). The weather in NYC is pretty lousy and I have been feeling lousy myself. After going to PT and not doing so good (in my mind) I kinda been a little down. It has been 4 weeks and I do not feel as good as I was hoping to feel at this point. I can ride the bike and do 1000 steps but my ROM is only at 80. I was thinking that I would be father along in my ROM and Flex. And there is still alot of soreness at my lower quad muscle. I wll see my OS on thurs and take xrays, so Iguess I will see then how I am doing. I hope better than I have been feeling. I have bee down and have even considered not doing my other knee because of the emotional and physical roller coaster. I know its very early and my OS is going to tell me there was ALOT of damage to my knee and it is going to take time BUT it is hard. So thats where I have been : 0

The time you most need to get on here is when you are down, feeling isolated, and like you're never going to be able to do anything again. That's what we do for each other - lift each other up and over those obstacles. Beach is right. i still have the aching in my quads, still have swollen knee off and on. It gets better but at 4 weeks i was wondering why the H E L L i had considered this and why did I do it? Now at 15 weeks, I'm feeling darned good most of the time. just low energy . Still have my pity parties off an on, but they aren't nearly as large nor do they last as long. Family doesn't come to them any more, just me, the dogs, the cat, and you all! God bless you, NN. You will be better as soon as the weather turns!

Hi NNs.... I can understand where you're coming from. Just be patient. I will be 6 months next week and I still have a lot of pain that others have described. What I do want you to know is that the pain is not as bad as it was at 4 weeks or even 4 months. It is such a LONG process and I don't think any of us truly believe that until we are experiencing it. I do feel steady on my feet, well maybe not my feet but my knee feels very very strong and steady. (my feet are another problem and not related to the knee)

Hang in there and soon you'll absolutely know that it was worth it. Karen

Hey NN, Glad to see you back. I think I was at about 3-4 weeks when I found this forum, I had been getting really dowm thinking it was all because I don't have a high pain threshold I was hurting so bad. Then I found Jo and everyone here and found out I was normal(ish). I think I might have been on anti depressants by now or worse. Look back at some of the threads if you need cheering up and see how many laughs we have. I sill have only a 90 degree bend at 11 weeks, which I worry about constantly, but some people take longer than others. Everyone will tell you (OS's not until after surgery it seems) that it takes a good year or more to fully recover. So hang in there and keep checking in. Hugs, Sue

I also think that this forum is good because for me at least, this knee deal is a major life occurrence and just about all I talk about at this point, kinda self absorbed, but I'm only on day 11 so... Therefore even if I had the best OS in the world, so far he is, there is no way he could speak with me at nauseum and answer all my questions, often over & over. In the same vein, my family has their tolerance level. While I am "down" and working on regaining things, they work hard to maintain our life til then. Translation: Thank God for this board and you all.

Jennifer, I couldn't agree more!!!

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b286_flagady15_smilies_patpat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020