Reverse Shoulder Replacement Post op

Welsh1

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I had my accident on 1st july. My op was postponed until 16th july. My problem now is that as my arm was in a sling two weeks pre op and now a other two weeks post op. I am finding my physio movements extremely painful. My pain meds have been making me feel extremely ill with feeling sick, sweats, dizzy and a couple of other symptoms. I can't see getting past this

Pumpkln

Country
United States United States
@Welsh1,
Welcome to BoneSmart, glad you joined us! :welome:

Sorry to hear you were in an accident requiring a shoulder surgery, and had to postpone your surgery for a few weeks.

What kind of shoulder surgery did you have? Knowing what surgery you had will allow us to advise you.

Please post your surgery date, a moderator will add it to your signature for you. Having the exact date will help us properly advise you. Thanks!

Suggest you call your surgeon or physician about changing your pain medications, sounds like they are making you sick.
Ask your physio to modify your shoulder exercises so you do not have so much pain.

Are you icing your shoulder?

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

OP
OP
W

Welsh1

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have had a reverse left shoulder replacement. My accident was on 1st July but my operation was 16th July. During that two week pre op it was discovered that I had cardiomyopathy. I had never had any symptoms of this so it came as a huge shock to myself and my family.

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
United States United States
I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all this, @Welsh1. Were you able to contact your surgeon about the pain medication that was prescribed? Please let me know what you're currently taking for pain....name of the medication, strength, and the prescribed dosage. If it is prescribed as "1-2 pills every 4-6 hours" (which is common), tell me your schedule for taking it each day and night.

Maybe I can help you get things settled down.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mmpc123
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom