THR Post-op swelling-please help!

:ice:Ice while you're chillin at home at night. It's good for both pain and swelling and it will most likely bring some welcome relief as you adjust to being back at work.
Have a good week!
@52andHippy

Just continue to take it slow and easy, you still have healing to do. Definitely ice, ice and ice :ice: :ice: :ice: every chance you get.

I am now 4 months status post a Rt. Total Hip replacement and I’m wondering if other patients still have tenderness posterior to the incision site and what feels like a bruise (but it is not bruised) down the outside of that leg from hip to knee? I’m guessing it’s due to swelling, but I also have some very tight muscles in the joint. Anyone else??

Hi @52andHippy
Yes, I recall a tenderness in the area down the side of my thigh for many months afterward. I'm assuming it's due to the internal healing that is still going on. It can take a full year, even longer for some for all to heal and settle. I think you need to give it more time and it will slowly resolve.
A great end of the week to you :)

From hip to knee is your IT band on the outside of your thigh. My left one stayed tender for quite some time, I could run my fingers down my leg and it was tender. Anything outside of walking on flat ground stresses those muscles.

Anyone else have a divot like this? 17 months post right THR.
88F5D5CF-04D4-49DF-AA67-9D367D0E3C36.jpeg

I haven't seen a divot like that, but then again I have not had a THR. What does your surgeon say?
Does it hurt in that area? It just may be your body's reaction to surgery and how it healed.

I'm not taking a pic of my butt! I did end up with matching divots, I think they left a little of my stuffing out.

@52andHippy My first THR was posterior and I did have an indentation post op. It did fade in time but I really can't remember when.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie