THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

Little check in. Making some waves (haha) in pool rehab. So soothing and feels great to work on some range of motion. Gotta say though, because the entire pool floor is on a lift, you stand at the the centre where there is a double railing the length for walking, hanging on while the pool therapist presses a button to slowly lower the floor into the pool which makes you feel like a catch and release fish. Free Willy! Hahaha

Anyhow, I go 2x a week for the pool and 1 day for reg Physio. Cant quite say yet if this is making a difference but regardless, its something.

In other news, my grandaughter turned 6mons yesterday which means I'm coming up 6mons post op. I honestly had large expectations as to where I'd be recovery wise by this point but whatever. It is what it is. At least I'm moving forward, albeit slowly, it's still the direction bringing me closer to a better quality of life. In the meantime....this baby.
FB_IMG_1526505159643.jpg

Sweetest baby on BoneSmart! I just love that little head wrap - baby Diva She's getting so big! Adorable.
@danabanana That pool sounds cool! Catch and release - you're funny. Mermaid Dana.
I hope you are feeling stronger from the flares you had to endure earlier. And the pool and PT give
you some benefit.

This hip recovery thing, kind of an uphill journey. I am having my left THR June 22 and the right one is
not as good as I'd hope going into a new surgery. Hard to be patient with healing and recovery.
It never just seems to be about just the hip, always have to factor in one of the other body malfunctions that happen to occur simultaneously with the hip recovery. JMHO

Give that baby a tickle and a kiss - what a blessing she is for you.

@danabanana i needed to read your post! I thought I was doing a horrible job of recovery- 4 months out and still wobbly by the end of the day. Wanted to be walking the dog QUICKLY around the neighborhood but I still walk pretty slow. Sound familiar!?

@danabanana i needed to read your post! I thought I was doing a horrible job of recovery- 4 months out and still wobbly by the end of the day. Wanted to be walking the dog QUICKLY around the neighborhood but I still walk pretty slow. Sound familiar!?

Completely familiar....hip twins!!!! My bursitis is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!!

@danabanana
Have you had, can you have injections for the bursitis? Not sure if that's ok with your other meds.
I had one last summer and it did help somewhat. It is still with me however a bit less. Just not as bad unless
I am very very active. Both OS's said it would be relieved by THR.
How are the lifted shoes working out?
I bought a new pair of Vionic High Tides and already had the same pair in the Low Tides. Swapped for my
high low needs and viola' works for me! The lopsidedness really aggravates the bursitis.

@BeBe
I had one injection and I didnt react well with it. I had a rebound effect and more pain. It was awful. Dr said no more of those. So pool rehab is still the best bet. I do see my physio therapist on Monday to see if there's more we can do.

Lifted shoes and flip flops are good. I'm still getting used to the flips though. I'm sure the many months previous to getting the lifts contributed to the worsening bursitis.

Countdown is on for you....are you nervous?

Sending hugs!

So, another update. I'm getting another xray next week and seeing a surgeon on the 14th for a second opinion. The mid thigh pain has increased and there's a largeish lump, no bruising, but its tender and my thigh aches all the time. So we shall see.

I hate to hear things aren't any better and may be worse but so glad you're finally able to get the second opinion. I know it's been a long wait and I'm glad you didn't wait to get on the list!

While I don't want anything to be wrong, I hope you're able to get an answer and a path to a solution!

Thanks ladies. I've been trucking along despite it but even my pt said yesterday this is, even for my case, unusual and concerning.

Wishing you the best, Dana.
It's been a long recovery with many set-backs.
I hope you soon get answers/resolution so you're able to move forward.
Hugs :console2:
@danabanana

:wave: I’m so glad to hear you are getting new imaging and a second opinion. This has been a rough recovery for you and hopefully you can finally get some answers and maybe a solution. Hang in there @danabanana !

Thank you all for all the loves and support. Had my xray today so all set for Thursday. Cant come soon enough because this pain is just driving me crazy!!!
Been very busy the past few weeks with family visiting and hubby's and stepsons birthdays back to back. Tomorrow is a rest and relax day as hubby and I are going to be the only ones home. That never happens. I'm talking blue moon type anomaly. I dont foresee us even getting out of bed until we need food and hydration. Hahahahahaha

In closing....my little Squeaky, melting me to a puddle with her overload of cuteness. I cant believe shes 7mons old in a few days. Time is FLYING!!!

FB_IMG_1528740657605.jpg

Keeping my fingers crossed that you get some answers (and that you and hubby not get interrupted - think anyone would notice if you moved the fridge to your bedside?). :heehee:

@danabanana
I'm just catching up here and So Glad you're getting in to see a second opinion doc on Thursday.
Now there's a lump? Praying you get some answers.
You have had a long haul with your recovery and need to get out of pain!
That is something that your PT has said it's concerning also.

There's a baby starting to crawl in your life and you have to be ready for that!
Look at that little sweetie squeak! She's cuter than her dress! (Daughter and her friends used to say that)
Hope you're having a good day hanging out with the hubs.

:roseshwr:@danabanana - Inquiring minds want to know - at least about the doctor's appointment! Any news? We need you to be ready to run after Squeaky! And I certainly hate to think about you still having such pain. :flwrysmile:

Hi my Hip friends. I'm so sorry I've been MIA. Ive missed you all!!! My health took a bad turn and because of my AI issues it began a ripple effect of flares. Hospital stay due to a severe Crohns flare, off meds, trouble restarting meds, horrible chest cold, off meds, trouble restarting, then got worse before finally feeling a smidge bit better.

Soooooo Hip...okay so my appt went okay. It seems that that nasty long screw is the culprit. I've been having pain and loads of numbness straight to my foot to the point where I often don't feel my leg entirely. He thinks there's a possibility that that screw is touching the sciatic nerve. He's rechecking me end of September, hoping that my inflammation will have gone down enough and perhaps that more than the screw is the issue. If not, that screw will likely need to come out. Fast forward to now and I've not had much change so I'm preparing myself emotionally for the prospect of a revision. We shall see what he says end Sept.

Little squeaky is growing like a weed. Shes 9 months now and last week when we were hanging out, she finally started to crawl!!! It was amazing. She had been army crawling for weeks but just couldn't get her chubby belly up. Haha. She has two little front teeth and can shake her head NO for things. She also has started dramatic temper tantrums. I think it's hilarious, but Mama, not so much. Shes very inquisitive, much like my daughter was as a baby, being far more interested in getting into things that shes not supposed rather than any of her toys. I had to lock and block everything to keep my baby Houdini from getting into mischief.

In closing: on my mind today:
- toilet paper is annoying....trying to pick off the first bit on a new roll because its glued down requires skills of a surgeon, which clearly I don't have.
- it was stool sample time today. Such is the way of Crohns life.
- I giggled too much over the facts that the Purolator chick had no clue I just handed her a package that contained my poop, some Purolator driver is now transporting my poop, then later some lucky soul has the crappy job of playing with my poop.
- I spend far too much time thinking of my poop.
- I wish I could grow a Lemon Tree.

FB_IMG_1534460726188.jpg

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom