THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

I will update more tomorrow. I'm exhausted. It's been a rough couple weeks with illness. Not meaning to be vague, just dont have the energy to explain it all at this moment. I can say that both my dr and another surgeon reviewed my xray and all looks well. The official word is the bursisitis and nerve damage combined with slow healing of the surrounding tissue, muscle, and ligaments because of my crohns medication and the fact that my hip replacement surgery was more traumatic than a typical arthroplasty. Frankly, I dont much care at the moment seeing as I've got other things on my plate.
In good news....my little grandbaby is 5mons and so stinking adorable I can hardly stand it. I seriously cant get enough of her. So here's a recent couple pics. Swoon as you wish because I certainly cant stop. Xoxoxoxox
FB_IMG_1524104837579.jpg
received_10156237889029049.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Dana,
I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time.
That adorable baby has to be one of the best distractions when you're feeling out of sorts.
I hope things are improving. Best wishes for a good day!
@danabanana

@danabanana What a cutie that little girl is! Just looking at her has to be the best medicine there is!! I’m sorry things are still rough for you. Hopefully drs can find something or some way to help you improve. Sending healing thoughts your way! :roseshwr:

She is so adorable!! I'm glad to hear that the hip looks good...so so sorry to hear it is slow healing and whatever
else you have going that is wiping you out. I hope that you are on an upswing, and that spring weather might lift your spirits. You have a lot of people here rooting for you! Sending good thoughts your way. :flwrysmile:

@danabanana
Hey girl! Thanks for posting such cute pics of you and the grand baby! I AM swooning and I'm not normally a baby swooner ya know? But she is such a cutie! Such blue eyes you two have!
I was a bit afraid you might have been toughing out a flare but so wanted to think maybe spring had sprung in Canada. And I hope it has! Finally!
Good news about the X-ray looking good.
Rough to hear you have several issues to combat while you're healing your hip. As if hip surgery isn't enough?
We go into surgery with these AI issues and it can be such a battle to get back to what our normal is.
Complicated process with the medication you have to be on for the crohns for sure.
Hopefully you are on the right path to get some energy back. Of course I have to nag about eating right and sleeping right and not stressing right? YKWIM.
Sending up some prayers for you that you feel better soon, and that some of the longstanding hip issues begin to resolve for you.
Your little G baby is gong to be crawling soon and you'll have to keep up with her!
Post when you can we're always here.

Hi ladies. I sooooo appreciate your messages and support. Little update.....so a couple weeks ago I came down with what I thought was a UTI. I try to avoid antibiotics as much as possible because it interferes with my Crohn's treatment...so I did the usual cranberry and loads of water. 3 days later and zero sleep I relented and went in to the er. Tests and scans and a ct of my bowel, and full blood panel, all came back clear so was sent home with a possible diagnosis of Interstitial Cystisis but would need to follow up with my gp and get a referral to a urologist. So then I suffer for more days waiting for to see my gp and trying to accept this awful condition I am in and will be likely facing forever as much like most AI diseases, there is no cure. I finely get in and he notes that the er dr did NOT send out a urine culture. No way?! I was floored. Unreal! Okay so now I had to wait 72hrs to get the results back. Meanwhile I'm still suffering with the awful UTI symptoms...not sleeping...in pain...urgency...bladder nd urethra spasms...fever....like, seriously I was just miserable. Friday my dr calls me at home.....cultures came back positive. I have a uti. I've never been so happy to hear that I have a UTI in all my life hahahaha soooooo off to get my antibiotics I go. By this point I was so sick...like seriously sick. Unreal!!! Ugh!!!! I cant even begin to explain how horrible and depressing this entire ordeal has been. 3 weeks of absolute misery. I'm finally starting to feel a little better but I will need to go back for another urine culture to make sure this gets GONE as it is a rather stubborn beast and I'm done the antibiotics but still not feeling entirely back to normal. The bummer too is having to withhold my Crohns medication for a couple weeks so hoping my guts don't protest.
Hips is the least of my worries at the moment. Not much change. Will cross the bridge after my girlie parts get better.
Love you all!!!!!

OMG - how could they not do a culture? I'm so glad they've finally diagnosed it and that it's not another AI issue but so sorry you've gone through so much more misery than was necessary! Get better soon!

I'm so sorry you had to go through this. But hopefully you continue to heal and it becomes a distant memory. I keep my eyes and ears open for all the promising research that they are doing with immunology and other findings that give hope for people with AI issues. It can't come fast enough I know, but it sounds like breakthroughs are on the horizon. Thanks for the update, and hope things continue to look up.

Dana, you've had such a rough ride. I pray some of these issues resolve or are under control.
Your THR recovery has been laden with set backs. It's so sad.
Sending love, a warm hug and wishes for a peaceful weekend.
To brighter days...
@danabanana

My "Baby" boy Zach is 19 today. For his birthday, hubby is making a boys weekend trip with himself, Zach, and my other Son who's 21, to Vancouver. I can only imagine (or maybe I dont want to imagine haha) the mischief they will get into. I'm hitching a ride with them to go to my Mom's and then I'm going to drive her in her car back to my house so she can visit for a few days and finally get to squeeze her 1st Great Grandchild. I'm so excited!!! A couple days away for me, some quality time with my Mom, followed by daughter, grandaughter, nana and grama time with baby. 4 generations. Will be awesome!!! I'm also immensely grateful for my bladder and bowels behaving enough and my hip being tolerable enough to do all this. Despite the slow going and setbacks, doing this little road trip wouldn't be possible prior to the hip replacement. There it is folks, my silver lining. Hahaha

So without further ado...a collage of my birthday boy and a pic of baby Reiya.
IMG_20180427_115653_610.jpg
received_10156214559519049.jpeg

Mmmmm Sock covered toes!!!
20180427_144257.jpg

Aww, your babies! Your grown baby and grandbaby, so sweet to see the pics. Thanks for sharing, Dana!
How exciting that you get to spend some time with your mom and witness her meet / hold your precious grand daughter for the first time. It's good to hear your bowels and bladder aren't giving you grief and also to hear you're doing something you wouldn't be doing if it wasn't for the relief you've gained through THR. Sounds like things are looking up! :yes!:

Safe travels to your moms and warm wishes for some great girl time together creating beautiful memories!
@danabanana

Love the photos! Amazing how much your son's baby pictures look like him as an adult! And of course Reija is so adorable...thanks for the baby fix. Sounds like a great time ahead ... enjoy every minute! :yes!:

So glad you're able to get together with your Mom and Reiya. I know things still aren't perfect or resolved, but I'm glad the surgery has gotten you to the point where this was possible! Enjoy your time together before the men invade your space again.

Hi my favorite peeps!!! Just checking in. Had a great week with my Mama. Got lots of baby time in as well. I was feeling under the weather this weekend thanks to Ms Unhipster Hip protesting after the week of my refusing to let it limit me....so yes, I was naughty and definitely overdid things. Oh well. Not gonna lie .... it was worth it!

Got some good news from my pt...the pool has been reopened finally after being under maintenance for the past 6 months so I can start doing some pool therapy! I'm very excited for this next step. It's perfect for hip rehab as its gentle and will help build up my core strength. In pt, I just ride a stationary bike and then apply heat and do a variety of stretches to help loosen up the ligaments and muscles that keep tightening up and giving me trouble. It also helps the bursitis.

I also got to pick up my two pair of flip flops I had lifts put in. Going to take some time get used the them because there is definitely some weight to the lifted ones. But I'm grateful nonetheless to be able to wear flip flops-my 9mons of the year footwear haha

Anyhow...back to some ice and elevation. Closing with a pic of myself and reiya a few days ago.
IMG_20180502_140713_748.jpg

Last edited:
Good to here you are up and around some.
Flip flops:yes!:
Hope all gets better and better.:wave:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties