THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

I hate the thought that you might need a revision but (being an Optimist always) am hopeful that you may have finally found a solution with the possibility of finally getting full and pain free recovery (at least from this issue - the crohns is a different ball of wax.

As always, that Squeaky is just the cutest darn thing! She seems to be so happy (you might post a picture of her crying or having one of those tantrums so that will know she's real!)

Take care of yourself! :loveshwr:

Aww, Dana I sure hope you don't need a revision. So sorry you've been through so much.
Stop by more often. We miss you. And Squeaky is as cute as ever.
Hoping you find comfort and answers soon.
@danabanana

@danabanana
It's good to have you back and more importantly that you're feeling up to posting.
I'm praying your inflammation settles down and with it your ongoing hip symptoms
settle too! I hate to think of another great big surgery just to remove a screw!?!
Somebody has to invent a better way!
We are here for you.

Of course that Baby is adorable!! Crawling and getting into mischief. Shaking her head no!
Precious!

I had to google purolator Canadian. Didn't realize it's like UPS.
I knew there were " purolater filters" and then you went off about the TP and collection methods
Of course I assumed purolator made a poop filter in the northlands...
I giggled a bit too.
And you can grow a lemon tree!

Just popping in to post this picture of Reiya as proof that she can be grumpy. Hahaha

Also, I see my surgeon on Oct. 9th. Figures crossed we have a solid decision or game plan moving forward. Hugs to you all!!!
FB_IMG_1536277846811.jpg

Grumpy or constipated? Did she learn that expression from her Grandma? Still cute even making that face, though!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the next month flies by and that you a given an acceptable plan. It's time something went your way!

:fingersx::fingersx: double crossed for you on the 9th!
Wanted to add caption to pic...
"Not peas again!":) :-) (:

That's a great one, Dana.
Frame worthy. Caption worthy also.
Best of luck with your appt next month.
I hope you get answers, clear direction and a plan to move forward.
Please keep us posted. A great weekend to you!
@danabanana

@danabanana

Found you again! Just wondering how the appointment went and how you're doing?
Hoping a light at the end of the tunnel? And you're doing well otherwise too.
Don't want to hear of new hospital stays now!

Hey Dana,
Long time since we've heard from you. Not sure if you ever stop by but in the event you do we'd love to hear how you're doing. Last time you posted you mentioned you were meeting with your surgeon on October 9th. Wondering how it went?

I hope things are looking up for you these days. I imagine this Christmas with Reiya will be fun. She's at such a cute age. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and a happy, healthy New Year!
@danabanana
:merry christmas:

Hi Everyone,

This journey has felt endless. So much has gone on in the last few months. Long and short, I'm seeing another surgeon on Jan 14....I also had a MRI of my back recently that showed a buldging disc between L5 and L4 so I have a referral sent to a Neuro surgeon to discuss this and get nerve testing. No one seems to be able to agree up to this point on what is the actual cause of this relentless nerve pain. Is it the screw? Nerve damage? Is the disc the source or is it just adding to it? I was reading up on post hip replacement nerve palsy....my symptoms all match. Anyhow...sincerely hoping for some direction this coming year.

Otherwise...just trucking along. Squeaky is adorable...of course. She started walking a week after she turned 1 and is running circles now. She has a cute little vocabulary and knows temper tantrums haha.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!!! Thank you for checking in on me.
FB_IMG_1544240020347.jpg

FB_IMG_1542593051780.jpg
FB_IMG_1541806567449.jpg

She is so adorable! I hope you get answers soon! Is the surgeon on the 14th the right one to discuss the nerve palsy or will that need to wait for the neurologist? I'm hoping you've got the right diagnosis this time - even if you had to do all the research (sounds familiar to me for some reason).

Hugs and Happy New Year!

Saw this other surgeon today and he agrees there is nerve damage...likely from the surgery itself being complicated or the LLD...maybe both...and suggested I download an App to learn how to meditate. *insert eye rolling here*
1hr 22mins of my life I'll never get back.

That all being said, Neuro wants to do nerve testing and an MRI to map the sciatic nerve and hopefully get a better idea of where the issue is originating from.

Revision was touched on to shorten my leg and they could put in an entirely different prothstesis, I forget what he called it, but something that is more stable....I can't recall exactly because I was practicing mediation. LoL No but, I already know that going back in and messing around with my current prothstesis for the only reason of shortening my left is not my best option on the mere hope it could make things better. Odds are, it could be worse!

End of the day, I know something is wrong....so I will just keep hobbling down the rabbit trail.

Hugs to you all!!!

Ommmmmmmm my goodness! I can't really believe that was his medical recommendation!

Did you ask to see his license and diploma (from kindergarten)?

Your fault for being bendy:what:
Insert eye rolling here from me too.

I do hope you can get some answers Dana..:console2:

Don't know how I missed the update and pictures of baby :scratch:
She's getting so big, the lil cutie.

I'm sorry you continue to struggle, Dana.
I hope you get and answers and find relief soon.
Stay in touch, we're here for you.
@danabanana

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks