THR Post op hip replacement

betoboy1

Country
United States United States
Had hip replacement July 28. Not sure where to join?

Hello and welcome to bonesmart. You have joined us and we are glad you are here. I hope you are progressing well with your hip. I am going to include some information to read regarding recovery below that is very helpful.
Hip Recovery: The Guidelines

1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary

2. Control discomfort
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)

3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you

b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.

4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these

BoneSmart philosophy for sensible post op therapy

5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

Activity progression for THRs

6. Access to these pages on the website

Oral And Intravenous Pain Medications

Wound Closure

Pain management and the pain chart

Healing: how long does it take?

Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule

Energy drain for THRs

Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds

Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

@betoboy1 Welcome to BoneSmart! Which hip did you have replaced? I will put the information in your signature for you.

If you need any help moving around the board visit the How to use this forum area for tutorials.

Hello and welcome! And just like that, you have joined.. :yes:
How are you doing with your recovery? We are here to help and to keep you company while you ice, rest and elevate.

:wave: @betoboy1, welcome to Bone Smart and congrats on your new hip. Look forward to hearing your update when you find the time.

I had my hip done that day as well! July 28.

Welcome. We're here to offer support, share stories, answer questions, address worries.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom