Hip Arthroscopy Post-op blues after arthroscopy

Thanks @Ryesgma for your encouragement & sorry to see you go thru another op. I’ve taken the decision not to ask why you needed a THR after scope as it will just worry me; if that makes sense.
It makes total sense. , I wouldn't want to know either lol . I will be praying that everything will heal soon and you will be back to 100% .

I hope you are doing better. I know the arthroscope is very painful. I had mine done in Feb 2019. I ended up with a THR Dec 2019. My case was not normal but I am doing better. Just take things one day at a time and try not to compare (I know because I tend to do the same).

Hi @Grammy57 thanks for your support. Again I won’t ask why the need for THR following the scope as this will cause me concern.
Things aren’t great; I’ve been diagnosed with Anxiety & given meds. Been on them a week & hating the side effects; I really didn’t want this to happen!
Had my follow up for the hip; they are happy with ROM & strength. Continue with the rehab. They did unfortunately find quite a bit of cartilage damage & early signs of arthritis. However it’s not been too painful, the mire I walk the more it hurts but I need to understand that’s the muscles etc...
Unfortunately for me I just keep worrying it will fail hence the anxiety....then the anxiety symptoms get to me & we’re back at square one!!

I am glad you have some advice from members who have been through this procedure. Wishing you a successful healing in time! :console2:

:wave:@Wilko411
I'm sorry this has all been such a struggle and you are suffering from anxiety.:console2:

However it’s not been too painful, the mire I walk the more it hurts but I need to understand that’s the muscles etc...
Not sure how much walking you are doing but if the muscles dont have appropriate time to recover from activity, this can bring on unnecessary discomfort and tightness.
It can be quite a dance to decide how much is enough and how much is too much.
You are a better judge of this than your doctor or your PT. It is your hip.

Hi @Mojo333 Left Hip Cam Impingement & Labral Tear completed on 15th October.
The anxiety started around 7week mark following my NHS physio appt; I was unable to get my foot on my knee so thought I’d failed! Daft I know.
I then googled etc too much for a week after & stupidly compared my recovery I managed to get through it & can now actually sit crosses leg & cycle 50mins but Xmas Eve it hit me terribly & hence I ended up at the Drs!
Due to the anxiety I’ve not been out of the house much, but the past few days I have and done between 4-6000 steps plus more driving.
sorry for the longwinded reply x

Hello and a Happy Monday to you :hi:
Congrats on the 4000-6000 steps you've logged in addition to driving. I'll bet getting out of the house and feeling like part of the world is a mood lifter and a great distraction, keeping anxiety at bay. Keep it up....good job!
A wonderful week to you.
@Wilko411

Well, have you considered scaling way back until you gain more relief and then slowly increasing your activity using your body as your guide? If you're feeling what you're doing is increasing your level of discomfort, it may be worth a try dialing it back a bit...Just a thought.
I hope you have a nice Monday!
@Wilko411

Hello @Wilko411 :wave:
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
How are you doing? I hope better than last time you posted. We'd love to read an update if you're interested in sharing one. Hope to hear from you soon.
Until next time...all the best to you!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks