"Popeye Legs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

referee54

Former BoneSmart staff member
Country
United States United States
Hey---I am just a little over five months post op bilateral TKR and I have "Popeye legs"---my lower legs are still a little swollen---my MD says that is normal for about a year. DO you floks have the same condition, or are you "Olive Oils"?

Tim C.

Tim, I'm only 7 weeks out, but so far all my swelling is right around the knee itself, particularly on the inside. It may not look like much from the outside, but it can really hurt on the inside! Only ice and elevation works and I do it still. Take a photo of your legs and send it to Patti so I can see what I might have to look forward to at five months! Does it hurt? I hope not!!

Normal depending on what I do and how much I keep them Up My doc says the same thing.

Tim. At 6 months, I too have a popeye leg but wasn't sure if it was swelling or that I've been working that leg out a little more then the other one. I try to exercise them equally but you never know. I still have some bruising too. The bruising/discoloration has settled into my old compound fracture scar site and my surgeon said it's okay and will eventually go away. Not a pretty site.

No Olive Oils around here!

A very good friend of mine saw me cycling; as I got off of my bike to greet him, he said, "What happened to your "kankles"---things like that can't be just ankes."

Tim C.

My swelling is limited to the tkr knee.

Look at the Full Frotal site Ref, we posted some of our knees. Let's see yours. My swelling is mainly around the knee, especially on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
shibbard
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom