Poor Me(s)???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Janet,
I'm sorry you are having a rough time of it. Don't feel bad for venting if you need to, that's what we are here for !! It's got to be frustrating for those who don't have things go so smoothly, as I'm sure it's hard not to compare yourself to others. But you've gotten good advice, just keep focusing on the progress you are making, even if it seems slow to you. I hope things will start looking up soon - and getting outside a little would be a good idea too if possible. It's hard not to feel down when you are so house-bound, I know.

I just noticed you are from Marblehead - my husband's Nana lived in Salem and we went out once to visit and went to Marblehead for the day - such a beautiful place!!! How I would love to live near the ocean .... hugs to you.

Thanks everyone. I really am SOOOOO blessed in so many ways and I try to never take that for granted. Especially, Karen, for living in such a lovely seaside town (small world, isn't it? Salem is right next door!). I forgot when I was in rehab someone said "you must feel like Why Me?" and after I thought about that I said well, why not me? Why do we assume bad things will never happen to us, only things we read about or hear about in the news to other people. I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason (Kathy:wink:) even though we don't know what or why at the time. Besides, this will eventually (hopefully:pray:) pass, and look at all the wonderful people that I have met because of it:wub:.
Lastly, I am quite beat and hurting after my outing. Took my portable potty seat and chair cusion with me but for the life of me wasn't comfy no matter what I tried. But glad that I went none the less. Tomorrow morning I plan on bringing my coffee out on the deck (pray for no bees or hornets to decide to visit please:evil:) and try doing things a little differently. As my little Tessa would say, nite nite:zzz:.

Sounds like a plan, Nana.

Janet - enjoy your time in the fresh air and know that each time you venture out it will get easier! My first outing was a nightmare. I was so sick with pain when I got home. But each time has gotten easier. Just keep going.

We are all here for you. Please keep posting!

Janet
I do feel your pain. I had an uneventful hip replacement (did get a crack in my femur during surgery)
But my life in the last few years has been in the very unlucky categorie. I have been on percocet for 2 straight years now so don't worry about taking it for this pain. 'The pain will certainly contribute to the depression. I have also been on depression meds for about 5 years. I got up to needing 2 at a time and higher doses.
I have major spine problems along with knee problems and now have a severe restrictive lung disease from my last spine surgery. It is rough, some days i am ok, but i've sure had a lot of bad ones.
So i just take one day at a time, its really all we can do. You will get better and feel better too.It does feel good to post here and vent here.
This makes you feel better too!!
judy

Judy, shame on me for having been such a cry baby. I try to stay up beat for the most part but reading about C4 just dredged it all up again. I hope she is doing ok. I wish her family would let us know more. Thanks for putting it all in perspective again. :blush: I had a hemilaminectomy/microdiscectomy(sp?) in 1984 and it's been one thing after another, neck, spine hip, you name it...

Hi Janet
I hope today is going well for you and you took your morning coffee outside. I try to do this as much as possible as the fresh air always makes me feel a bit better. :thmb:

I having a brain fog morning, just can't seem to wake up, even with my coffee!!! When I get like this it is hard to think, and write. :skp:

I know Sylvia. Sometimes I just want to read what everbody elsahas to say and not participate. Hey, where is everybody??? Celabrating 4th of July already? I get so lonely when nobody is on line:cry:'''

I'm here Janet - but on the other side of the world so I guess everyone is :zzz:. This site gets a bit slow on weekends but I do check in most days. So does Sylvia.

How are you doing today? Did the fresh air help?

Hi Linda
Good Morning.... yes, Jaycey is right... I check in almost everyday.. some days I have more time and energy... yesterday was an awful day for me... I was so tired and sore all day and I just couldn't shake it off, even with an afternoon nap, I was still really sore and tired.
My right hip felt like it had a nail pushing upwards when I'd try and walk... Ouch... it's still like that this morning, so I hope my hip isn't deteriorating faster with still a long wait ahead of me. :rant:

How are you doing today?

I do find the weekends really slow also and this weekend with Canada day and in the States 4th of July, I'm sure it will be slower.

I hope all is well with you today and you are not too lonely.... :cnsl:

Hi, just checking in, I'm here too and will b on on/off thruought the weekend. I'm having more pain than yesterday today, but it varies each day. We r going on our only family vacation of the year on Monday and just got back from dr. my 2 year old has acute Strep throat. Please pray no one else gets it!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend,

((hugs))
Linda

Janet, I've had time to read your thread, and I understand now how you can related to my struggles. I'm glad you are posting on the site because we need to pay attention, especially to our negative/dicouraged thoughts and speak about them to others. -nothing worse than being in pain and discouragement in isolation. So Jamie's support about journaling or having some way to make notes of our strugglels with all this gives us material to share with others.
Her suggestion about getting outside is pertinent too. I have taken to providing myself simple pleasures. I sit on the deck and breathe in the cool morning air and enjoy the little that I have created in my yard. I plant myself in a park or around a lake and read or let nautre speak to me. If I get stiff I take a short stroll with the crutches, paying attention to every move, stretching a little and trying to create any comfort I can. Of course I think about what I used to be able to do-I notice it and I may speak about it ("I sure miss those freash, long morning bike rides with the early light flushing the east and the cool wind blowing into my face!")
Here's something I wrote on the lake awhile back while contending with my uncertainty:

Relating with uncertainty while confined to a bench on a public lake

The bored, young girl walks at random around the public lake,
Trying different steps and directions
On the graded, designated path.
She marches-then slides, turns and pokes
At the sudden sight of the ant-strewn sidewalk
With her angry, violent foot.
Spent of effecting effort she nestles
In the arms of a cooling, metal bench.

Below her the ducks address the water,
Plodding low and slow-sacredly, into a communal bath.
They dunk and flutter noisily in tribal certainty,
Circled by steady gazing, enshrining geese.
Then they all emerge from the water flapping,
A synergy of spray and spirit, shaking the holy water free.
They stop, stillness spreading, drying, wing to wing,
Facing east in communal reverence and joy

The eastern sun is on my face as well,
My aching hip having melted in morning warmth,
And the bouyant breath of nature's redemption.
The girl too is going back to her group now,
We, retuning from our boredom, fears and pain,
Returning to our own, human folds,
Not so different-not summarily changed,
But knowing where and why we belong.

04-25-2010

I do hope you experience progress in recovery and, as difficult as it is to do, find some peace and pleasure though your ordeal. Jim

Jim, I just love your poetic observings....really profound.

Sorry I wasn't around much on the holiday weekend. I did check in throughout the weekend, but we had LOTS of company at our lake house and things were a bit hectic for me to write much.

I'm back in the saddle now, though.

Janet, I've just got back from a short break and read this thread and I have some observations to offer.

The CEO said 'prove it' but you don't have to. You had an injury which had to be treated and it must be in your records. It may not mention who was culpable but it will certainly pinpoint when it happened. Such fractures don't occur on their own so it will be his job to prove that it wasn't negligence on the part of his staff and I bet he'll have a tough job doing that! You were in their care and they owed you a "duty of care" not to let things like that happen, even if there isn't a named individual. You'd not be suing a member of staff, you'd be suing the establishment.

Also, don't you have those "no win, no fee" lawyers in the States? They seem to be in droves here. I'm can't think you'd find it too difficult to get one of those to take your case.

Hi Jo. Believe it or not there is NOTHING in my record about anything that happened to me and I named each incident. I got a copy of my records when I got home from the second rehab. You see the problem is that they x-rayed and were going to do an MRI next but my OS said no, to return me to his hospital. He x-rayed as well and there was no break and because I had a large hematoma everyone assumed that's what was causing all the pain. The shove onto my operated side to get the bedpan under me was the third incident that I feel finally fractured the femur (there could, I suppose, have been a hairline fracture that wasn't visible at either facility) and I left the rehab after that and returned for the final time to the hospital. There is not one word or note of any of the three incidents, not one note from a CNA anywhere, and they worded their notes (the RN's) to cover their butts. There are outright lies in my records. The only way I probably could prove it is that I went straight from rehab to the hospital the second time and the fracture was visible then. Thank goodness I never went anywhere else after it happed. That was why I was afriad that Kathy's fracture wasn't visible either. I still need to mend some more before I look into it further. But you can be sure thay haven't heard the end of me! :evil: And a did file a complaint with the Board of Registration in Medicine against their doc that screamed at me as well. He was just NASTY! Thanks Josephine.

Sorry, I should add that I haven't gotten my records from the hospital yet and they know I went straight there from rehab so there has to be something in there. I see the OS on Thursday so while I'm there I'll go to medical records and sign my release form to get them. And remember, I was very drugged during all of this so it took awhile for me to realize by the series of events what really happened...But it does say in my records from the second rehab that I was there to rehab from a total revision "that was necessary because of an incident that happened at the first rehab". The VNA who had my records said that was HUGE that the DOC had said that.:wahey:

We do have attorneys in the USA who take medical cases on a contingency basis. They are easy to find and are listed in droves in the phone book (or on Google).

Thanks Jaime. Should I Google Contingency Lawyers or how would it be listed??? Best...

I would start with the Yellow Pages in your area if you have a hard copy of the phone book. Their ads would say something about medical malpractice.

If Googling, type in "medical malpractice contingency attorney" along with your city or state. That should get you started. If you don't get any results, leave out the word "contingency" in the search. You'll get tons of listings there and you'll just need to contact several and see if they would take your case on a contingency. Most medical and personal injury attorneys seem to offer a free initial consultation. It may be done over the phone to see what kind of case you have. I'd definitely give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker