TKR POCTDB recovery thread

PT today.....worked on the ankle and the butt....lazy body parts that they are.....

Hit the pickleball today....
Took a paddle for the PT to hit the pickleball to me.......donated it and a ball to the clinic.
PT is hooked...he and a friend are coming to open play on Sunday night. ( I will feed them balls on the practice court-we will have them playing by the end of the night. I will not be playing yet.sigh....)

We are discussing a continuing education day for the PT clinics with my friend so that all PT can learn about it and try it to better treat patients with all types of injuries who want to return to pickleball.
Cool......

Rode the bike today....1 hour. Lowest level.
7 miles when that timeframe would normally be about 10 miles....
Then did PT exercises for the lazy body parts....
We will see what Mr. Knee thinks tomorrow.

Off to work to complete return paperwork.

@FitGal mine was a recumbent bike.....not the “big girl spin class” bike you were on...

A joke....
What did the sushi say to the ?
Wasabee......

Joke what did the sushi say to the bee?

I forget my iPad emojis don’t show on the site....

One hour on the bike??? Nice!!!

Well, got on my actual spin bike at the house today, but couldn’t get the pedal all the way around...just back and forth for a while....another goal with patience

@FitGal
Mr. Knee is silent today. The bike appears not to have bothered him.
The ligaments at the back of the knee seem to be stretched a bit, but that is because I am working the lazy calf....
PT today later.

@Poctdb - Glad Mr. Knee is silent....maybe a cyclist in disguise!!!

I had therapy today and was able to do upright PT bike for 10 min. Then it was crazy ROM guy again. He digs his forearm into my upper thigh to massage/loosen my quad and then holds my knee having me relax it as much as possible and gently lets it drop while continuing to hold it...seems to be working well. Once it gets to an uncomfortable point, he says relax and it goes several more degrees further...like magic - he does this like 4-5 times.... we will see if it feels like magic later - lol!

I'm gonna get back on that spin bike tomorrow and see what happens :upright:

@FitGal
I hope you take it easy on the bike....
Thursday PT was all about foam rolling out muscles on both sides of the leg and icing for the bit of swelling the bike caused...
PT says “Wow what made yo do an hour....?”
“Watching HGTV....”
No HGTV for you fit gal......

@Poctdb - I love me some Love It or List It, Property Brothers, House Hunters and of course Fixer Upper! Ok, not while on the bike...for now!

@FitGal
Yep....next time I get on the bike it will be something like “Kardashian”
I will certainly not get very involved in that.....

Back from jail.....

578 emails with an out of office message on in 8 weeks.
Major leadership barking about a project they want done in a week.( mid September is the timeframe)

2900 steps moving around but Mr. Knee was swollen after 6 hours of sitting even though there was one icing session...

PT after jail....flexion numbers are the lowest they have been since I started OP PT....:gaah:

Great day....:hairpulling: Back to the Dictatorship......

2900 steps moving around but Mr. Knee was swollen after 6 hours of sitting even though there was one icing session...PT after jail....flexion numbers are the lowest they have been since I started OP PT...
Your numbers are down because of the swelling. With you working, you really don't need PT. Just getting ready for work, getting there, working and then getting back home and taking care of things there is plenty of PT right by itself.

A tyrant is always waiting in the wings, ready to take back their power with the slightest opportunity.
It's unfortunate that jail left you wide open for a takeover. Good luck freezing it back into submission.

578 emails with an out of office message on in 8 weeks.

Sounds like you may be busy for a while!!! It would be so tempting to just press "delete" on those emails :)

Take it easy! I am thinking that PT was rough due to your return to work and all the extra stuff you are doing.

The terror of the mailbox on return to work is worrying me more than the TKR!!!

How did we humans manage to invent such awful torture and call it progress ... I have fond memories of the urgency of a fax....:)

Sounds like you have plenty to deal without PT 'helping'
:flwrysmile:

Sounds like you have plenty to deal without PT 'helping'
I agree.

Many people stop going to PT when they're back at work.

Getting to and from work and what you do at work is plenty of exercise for a recovering knee.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back