TKR POCTDB recovery thread

@FitGal
I know you don’t like pills....but the alternative is pain. After you get this straightened out with your doc....please take the pills.
Chronic pain is wearing and soul destroying. I wish that on no one....
This will get better.....seriously. You are only a week post op.

Hi poctbd, I haven’t been on this forum in a bit, we had surgery the same day. Good to see you are doing well. I am good as well. Went to PT today and achieved a zero extension and 110 on flex. Still good days and bad days, but the bad ones are less and less. Worked half time last week and full time this week. So far so good. I have a semi desk job and don’t have to move too much unless I want to. I find I need to get up about every 45 minutes and move around to take care of any stiffness. Next Monday is six weeks for both of us, what an experience!

BTW. What do you call a hippies wife? Mississippi

Thanks @Poctdb I appreciate you providing me a reference point given your meds - I think I will need to up the Tylenol and maybe that would help me. It is funny, as I haven't noticed much when I take the Tylenol - only the Advil, but apparently that means it is working :)

@Poctdb - can you tell me what your ibuprofen/tylenol cocktail looks like? I am on the same right now, but not sure I have it refined enough
FitGal, if you want advice like this, please ask a member of staff. Ordinary members are not permitted to give advice like this.

I would suggest that you not used NSAIDs for these reasons
Medications: acetaminophen (Tylenol, paracetamol) and NSAIDs, differences and dangers
NSAIDs Diclofenac. ibuprofen increase risk of heart problems: new study

And you'd be much better taking the Tylenol 1,000mg 4 times a day every 6 hours.

@Malamisu
WOW! Awesome to hear from you..... I haven’t heard from you since 4th of July. I wanted to ask about the glory of the fireworks above the lake.

So great that you are back to work and doing well. I will take the “ 45 minute walk” rule to heart, but I do not go back to work until the 19th. I have a job that I can orchestrate for walking/no walking.
I have tested Mr. Knee twice with sitting for 4+ hour stretches of time and the only thing I noticed is a bit of redness and heat the next morning. (Hard to call it swelling even.) I also bought an under the desk bike that I am looking forward to trying.

I have been very fortunate. I have had almost no pain for weeks. My numbers were an easy 102/0 yesterday while mainly working on glutes, ankles, hips and proprioception. (mine is terrible!)

Ah, Another member of “The Punny Club”
Ok back at you...
Which way did the programmer go?
He went “data way”.
Keep in touch.....

@Josephine - I didn't realize I had to ask an administrator ref. meds. I just noticed that @Poctdb mentioned an Ibuprofen/Tylenol cocktail and was interested in more information, as that is what I am doing as well. I assumed that since you monitor the site, you would chime in as well, but I just spent a few hours reading the links you provided. Thank you.

While discussing FitGal's medications, this thread veered off track a bit. It's Poctdb's recovery thread, so the main focus needs to be on her recovery.

How are you getting on, @Poctdb?

@Celle
No worries about the thread being off track.....I am just glad that help/solutions/suggestions were received by anyone who needs them.

I am getting very close to leaving the “Dictatorship of Mr. Knee” and returning to something close to real life. I still need a nap occasionally though.

PT yesterday was challenging but we were starting things that I will need for pickleball to check my progress.The answer for most of it was “Let’s try this one again in two weeks.” (Pickleball “permission” date is 6 weeks away.)
One exercise was painful, the others that were offered,I had a lack of confidence in the knee. Most of these that are delayed are that :censored: proprioception ****. My sense of where my body is in space is horrible. The PT assigned by my friend is awesome. He says”Don’t worry....proprioception is an item that can be trained and built upon.” I am going to continue working with him instead of going to the clinic in my office building.

Numbers are 105/0 but downstairs are still not normal as of yet. PT Orders have been requested for 8 more visits. OS said I could have as many as I thought I needed.

In the world of real life, my boss called yesterday and told me the despised co-worker had quit. I will have to do her job until someone is hired, but no biggie. I will probably not have to look for another job now.....but still hired a life coach out of “curiosity” to see if I can make me better.

My house is mine again....furniture all back in place, ice machine disinfected and stored, leg lifters, grabbers and the like in a bag in the closet.

Did I do this myself? Nope....the two next door neighbors adult grand kids moved all the furniture in 6 minutes. Muscles and youth....I do not know why there is not a bright green emoji for jealousy....

I gave them money and told them I would help them with their resumes.

What a wonderful neighbor you have! They did a good deed to help someone and you have your life back. Win-win. Here's hoping things continue to get better for you and Mr. Knee.

Do Re Me Fa So La Te Do....

That is the sound of angels singing.....:wowspring:

I hit a ball today in PT......with a racquet instead of a paddle....but the foot work is the same.
It was easy.....no pain....muscle memory took over.

I did foot over foot stairs up and down. Up no worries. Down acceptable but a lack of control during the foot hitting the ground.

So new exercises to stretch the calf and strengthening for the ankle and butt. Next PT sessions will work those things along with anterior hip muscles. Ankle is missing 10 degrees of flexion because my calf is not lengthened enough.... (soon we are going to find all the things that are wrong instead of finding them one at a time.)

Pickleball is coming......:wowspring:

So happy for you!!! Amazing progress!!!!

I can only dream of foot-over-foot stairs. le sigh.

I too spend most of my PT time stretching and strengthening. What can you expect when your knee has been off duty for years? Slackers just have to make up the work later.

Also, ow.

@luvcats
:censored: Slacker knees.....

Remember the old song “ the foot bone is connected to the ankle bone, the ankle bone is connected to the shin bone...etc”

That song said nothing about muscles....

@Poctdb thanks so much for the encouragement. I am certainly hoping you’re right!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom