Pictures of TKR Forum Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could try Skeet :) I have been known to lose o few pounds on photos of myself on occasion.

Thanks girls. Sue

Jamie You Are A Lovely Couple, You Both Look So Very Happy, I Hope You Are Back To Fully Enjoying Life Together Very Soon. You Are A Beautiful Lady, I Am Sure You Equally Handsome Partner Had No Problem In Waiting For You To Recover. Good Luck On Your Next Adventure Together. Rowdy

Rowdy, how are you feeling? Do you have a new date for your surgery? Let us know.

good to see you here Rowdy----we all love ya!

Thanks, Rowdy!!! I am lucky to have found the perfect guy for me!!! He has been a fantastic supporter these past weeks.

Sue, that is cool. I am just getting back into photography..I hope to get Photo shop and learn to do some of those things..We have a number of pictures that were damaged or destroyed by the water.
Yes, my hair was dark brown and curly. I hated it when long hair was popular.
My parents house was extensively damaged. My sisters house had part of the roof ripped off. She was in one of the bathrooms. She put my nephew in a tub, a mattress on top of him and she was laying on top of the mattress. Her husband was sitting on the floor with his feet against the door to keep it from caving in.
None of us expected the ferocity of Andrew. We lived in Key West when Donna came through and several others.
I was on my way to my parents house when it hit. I was in a 4x4 truck that was lifted up and I actually drove on two wheels until I got under an overpass. I stayed there until the winds died down. I saw some amazing things from mother nature...My parents and sister ended up moving from Miami so in the long run, Andrew was good for us. If I ever move again, it will be further inland, I am tired of spending 6mos a year staring at the Weather Channel wondering about the path of a storm..

Wow, Doug!!! What an amazing story! I'm so glad you lived to tell it!!!! People talk about tornados, but I think hurricanes are MUCH worse. The damage usually impacts many, many more people.

Thanks For Thinking Of Me. It Has Been A Rough Few Days And Probably Will Remain So For A While. My Knee Surgery Now Depends Of How Quickly I Get Over This Crude I Have Picked Up I Am Sure At The Doctors Office. I Can Still See This Woman Who Came In And Sat Down About Six Feet From Me Coughing And Of Course Not Really Covering Her Mouth And Nose Adequately. But God Has A Date Picked Out For This To Take Place Even If The Os Hasn't Given It To Me Yet. The Antibiotic He Gave Me Must Be Super Bug Strong As It Is Really Breaking This Stuff Down, Just Hope I Don't Get My Hubbie And Son Sick. What A Nightmare That Would Be, Huh? Right Now They Are Waiting On Me, I Kinda Like It, If They Get This That Bumps Me Way Down The Totum Pole, I Am Still In Shock I Had Breakfast Served In Bed To Me This Morning. I Felt So Queenly. Lol. Anyway, Wanted To Let You All Know That I Thank You For Your Kindness And For Being Here, You Really Are A Great Bunch Of Folks. How Did I Get So Lucky? Love You All. Rowdy

True as to the impact but the bottom line is, it only takes one destroyed house to make a tragedy.
The tornadoes are a surprise, the hurricanes you can see coming for days now.
The funny thing now is that my parents and sister only have to hear "hurricane coming", and poof they are evacuated. Non of that "let's ride it out" stuff.
During Andrew, my parents actually kissed each other and said "good bye", they thought they were about to die. That left a lasting impression.

I don't think I could stand the strain of hurricanes and tornadoes all the time. We have our share of Tornado warnings here in Ontario. There have been some quite bad ones in the past, before we emigrated here. I usually get a lot of photos taken into the basement when the warnings occur, and other stuff too of course. I get petrified when I see the trees in our backyard bending almost in half and the sky turning green.Apparently the house we live in had it's roof torn off once. We also had a hurricane in 1987 in the UK.

Well I have to go to bed now, getting up early to go to see my OS. Night all, sleep well. (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))Sue

We don't have basements. The would fill up with water.

Our ground never seems to dry up enough to dig a basement! No one around here seems to have one... and if they do, they for sure have a sump pump, too. We still have small ponds around our land. the dogs love it... what a mess. Glad we don't have to deal with basement, too,.

And less to clutter Skeet if there is no basement! I've got boxes that I have no idea what they hold stacked in ours!

Oh, you should see our garage... we've never been able to park a car in there, but I am not giving up hope of doing so someday...

It's been years since we parked acar in our garage, we have our "adopted son" living here at the moment and our real second son, so all their stuff is in the garage and in the basement. I have a ton of stuff in the basement too plus one room is the music room, where two of my kids and Kevin jam quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
007Knee
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom