PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

I had to answer 5 questions. All were a "no". This was at the OS office and they said I did not need antibiotic. However, based all all of our U.S. doctors being all over the board on this (and the first time I went, I had that spit stitch abscess) I took the antibiotic - My dentist had previously told me they keep it there. I take it when I arrive to have my cleaning or any procedure where they puncture the skin (like a deadening needle) ouch! :)

@jaschembra Yes, I typed it here just as it was in my operative report.

The report was an interesting read. There were words I couldn’t pronounce or define but I felt like I got the gist of it.

I googled the lateral retinacular release but didn’t fare as well understanding that.

What I still would like to know is how many Patellofemorals he does, but they wouldn’t give me a clear answer. I asked very specifically for that procedure. It must be in his stats.

Hi, Jockette, Regarding the dentist, call and ask. I was rescheduled for a crown because I didn't take an antibiotic beforehand. Yes, it does happen! I'm proof. :heehee:

So my husband and I are watching basketball on tv (March Madness) and I’m watching all the movements and falls and all I can think is, there’s a future TKR!

I never used to notice what happened to other people’s knees before. Now, I either hurt for them or feel a little jealous of what they can do.

Yeah, I’m a little jealous too. I thought about you @Jockette last week as I was driving to PT for the under water treadmill thing. I was wearing a pair of very snug fitting workout capris and I had this odd, very uncomfortable feeling on the lateral side just below my kneecap. I pulled the fabric away from my knee and it instantly stopped, I wondered if that’s what your hunk of wood feeling is like. If so, that’s not comfortable at all!!

It is a nasty feeling and it’s back, after a few days of relief.

I did the same thing @Jockette watching the Olympics. When the moderators said, oh he/she has had "x" amount of surgeries on their knees, I was thinking just wait until you have a TKR. Maybe we should provide the Olympic Committees with a summary and a link for BoneSmart.

@Jockette and @jboles I have to believe that eventually these uncomfortable feelings, twinges and stiffness will disappear. One day, they just won't be there. I have just recently gone foot over foot on two stairs without realizing I was doing it. It was uncomfortable but I had completed the maneuver before it dawned on me what I did. What a great feeling.

We are having new steps made for the entrance to our house from the garage. Right now it’s just a cement block, 8” up onto the cement block then another 8” up to the house. It was like that when we bought the house. I’ve struggled the whole time I’ve lived here, almost 3 years, with this “step”. I don’t know how it ever passed any code. :blackcloud:

But anyway, we are on our handyman’s list and he is going to make several 4” steps for us. I can’t wait. Then I can begin practicing these steps. 4” should be a good starting height. And he will put a railing up, too. (no railing right now)

Like I’ve said before, I rarely ever have any steps to do, not even a curb! I thought buying a single floor home was such a great idea but now I wonder if I’ve done myself a disservice.

Trust me @Jockette you don’t want steps. Our house is a tri-level home. Sadly there’s no bathroom on the main floor. So I was faced with stairs every time I went to the bathroom the day I got home from hospital, not fun! Our entrance from garage doesn’t have a handrail either, 3 steps, that’s where I pulled the muscle in my back carrying in groceries.

I bet when you try steps, you'll be surprised how well you'll do!

I hope so, they’re very hard for me since stairs are so rare.

I wish I had a home with no steps! I steady my self before I take the first step downward. I don’t wear socks, too unstable. Surprised I do the best bare footed!

I never used to notice what happened to other people’s knees before.

I have noticed other people's knees for years! Always amazed at the things they can do with them :sorry:

I found out later in life that I have congenital knee issues, but growing up I always thought everyone's knees hurt. Now when I work with people who squat down to get something I just look a them with amazement and a whole lot of jealousy :sigh:

I never had knee problems until I felt a major pain in my left knee while riding an exercise bike to help my lower back issue. The rotation didn’t feel smooth so I kept increasing the tension. (I knew nothing about tension on an exercise bike) It only took minutes for the pain to hit. I was at home using a borrowed, old bike.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back