PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

It is definitely a mood lifter. We laugh a lot.

Yesterday I was having a discussion with my teammate about the hassle she was having ordering a free cookie at the snack bar, of all things, and it was my turn. I took my turn, came back to continue our conversation and a minute or so later looked at the lane and saw 3 pins there and nobody ready to throw a ball and realized they were my 3 pins as I hadn’t finished my turn with my second throw! :rotfl:

We ladies all thought it was hilarious but our male substitute didn’t quite see it that way. I said to our other male teammate, we come for more than just bowling! :rotfl:

If they want better competition they’re in the wrong league!

The funniest part was our substitute’s reaction. Poor man! It made us laugh more!

We had to keep telling my teammate to take her turn.

We really are usually much better organized than we were yesterday! :heehee:

But, it's so much fun to be unorganized sometimes! A good laugh feels so good!

Speaking of eyesight changing right after surgery, (a discussion on another thread) can surgery increase the progression of cataracts, or cause them to form sooner if you would have gotten them at some point later on?

My vision changed drastically overnight with my surgery and about 6 weeks later I had my eyes examined because I needed a new prescription. For the first time ever I was informed I had a cataract in each eye. I know there’s always a first time, but I was surprised.
Did the surgery have anything to do with it?

I'm not aware that having surgery is a cause of cataracts.
The most common contributing factors are ageing, diabetes, hypertension, smoking and exposure to ultra-violet light (sunshine).

I have a cataract in my right eye. It's progressing slowly and I have no symptoms so far.

Well the only thing in that group that I have is aging.

Since moving to my current location 3 years ago I’ve seen 2 different eye doctors, in 2 separate practices. I plan to go to a different doctor than the one who said I have cataracts, to see if a different doctor will say the same thing.

I still wish I knew what caused my vision change. It had to be something to do with the surgery or medication or something since it happened overnight and was a big change.

I miss my previous eyesight, this having to wear glassss to read everything is extremely inconvenient.

I have had cataract for years. But since surgery my vision has gotten worse. Aging, sun exposure caused cataract. I had a worsening of vision since surgery in October. I had my last eye exam in February 2017. Don’t think cataract are surgery related. But the last time I noticed a suddened change in vision, was when I had my last baby ! And that was quite a few years ago!

Interesting that you had a vision change having a baby. Were you on medication then? Was it a c-section?

I have 3 kids, all with natural childbirth, and no vision changes then, that I remember. I was in my 20s when they were born.

I have worn glasses since I was five years old. No recent vision changes here.

Had my last at 39! Couldn’t read small print after her birth. I refused to have baby and bifocals the same year!

I guess we’ll just never figure some things out!

@SusieShoes said this on another thread. I love it!

“PTs are fond of telling their patients that hard work got them a result. That doesn't explain, though, the people who have 0 extension right off after surgery, or those who do no PT and get wonderful flexion within weeks. People heal differently --faster, slower-- and each knee has its own timeline.”

Last edited:
I feel so wise. :wink:

About cataracts. I have one, I actually forget which eye at the moment, that's only an issue for night vision right now. I had it before surgery, still have it after. None developed in the other eye. (I get annual eye exams, so am sure about this.) I never heard before now that cataracts might be a consequence of TKR, but I've had enough other surgeries so maybe it's just surgeries in general? Then again, my mother had cataracts before her TKRs, and those are the only surgeries she ever had...

Anyway, cataracts are annoying. :skep: Let's hope there's no connection!

I really don't think it's much of a connection. While on the pain meds, vision is a little blurry anyway and maybe it was just the timing that made it seem that our vision got worse. I knew I had small ones growing, and they did seem worse afterwards, but that might have been my imagination.

I don’t know if I missed this in earlier pages of your thread, but have you tried a loose skirt as an alternative to capris? You could also make your leg sticky with lotion and put some cling wrap on it, if the skirt still irritated. I can bicycle in a loose skirt, so I expect you could bowl in one.

I’m sick to death of the soft wide-legged pants I wore pre-surgery which have holes from my brace and stains that refuse to come out. Those and pjs and dresses were all I could wear at the beginning post-op. Now I can wear a pair of slim soft pants but I still long for the day I can get back to slim jeans.

That’s an interesting thought. I think I have one skirt to my name and it’s way too small for me!

I wore mid-length for a long time after my tkr. They were extremely helpful in keeping my knee from screaming!

I did wear a long dress to my daughter’s wedding last December and I don’t remember my knee complaining too much. Of course I was rather distracted that day with the event and seeing some friends I hadn’t seen in years, as well as meeting my daughter’s new family and friends.

Hmmm, I may have to go shopping!:spin:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks