Passive exercise machine hire

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickynockynoonoo

This may seem like a crazy idea. I thought of hiring one and doing a bit every day, instead of perhaps overdoing it or just pushing it a bit too far once per week at the hospital.

SKF would charge £300 for a month. That's a bit steep considering the cost price of £2,000. 6 months hire and it's paid for itself.

Anyhoo, does anyone know where we could hire one from?

I may be a bit late in getting back to you on this one, but my husband and son came up with a novel solution to the passive exercise machine which I dubbed the "leg bender" during my hospital stay.....

As I am short, my PT advised it was best for me to sit on a chair with a book underneath my foot. At exercise time, my husband and son took it in turns to 'help' with my exercising by gently sliding the book back on the floor so as to help me acheive the 'impossible'. Prior to commencing we agreed on them ignoring all of my screams until they heard the 'stop' which I desperately spat out of clenched teeth. I'm pleased to say that I moved from an initial 83 ROM to 95 five days later, then 105 a week later and then 110 another week later. They wont give up till I get to the respectable 120, but my son says he is aiming higher!!

Do you want me to check out hire costs?!

Oh Bev - what a lovely family you have to do that! I can almost here you spitting out 'stop' though!

This reply is coming very late as I have just had my tkr. I rernted mine from the hospitals' PT dept @ $25.00 per day. This is a NYC hospital. It may cost less from a smaller city.
Hope you're way past needing one now.

If not, put your injured leg with foot flat on floor as you sit. slide the foot out and back and help it by using your other foot to help push irt back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads