?partial knee replacement pain before hip replacement?

boots

Country
United States United States
I will be having my left hip replaced as soon as I can get someone to milk my cows for me for the 6-8 weeks I will be off.
I have been having pain in my left partial replaced knee, which is also the hip I need replaced, I didn't think to ask my dr and I probably will, but will the new knee pain I have in my right knee go away after the hip replacement? I did tell the dr it was hurting and he wasn't surprised.
Anyone else have their hip replaced on the same side they had a knee replaced??
I am ready to get this done! I'm tired of hobbling around.
Thanks,

I had both knees replaced (2013) and left hip replaced 2017 and now will have right hip replaced 11-13-19. I get pain in my thigh, not at knee joint but right below and down leg to ankle and around. Differs day by day but pretty much there most of the time. The left leg also hurt before the hip replacement and it all went away once it was replaced. I do believe that it will all resolve on the right once my hip is replaced. My OS was not surprised either and I know my knees are fine otherwise. I think some of it is referred pain/nerves and some of it from walking strangely with the hip pain and not trusting it.

Having animals and a farm makes it very difficult for timing surgeries. I had sheep and a some beef many moons ago when I was young and luckily did not need any surgeries then as I was also working full time. I hope you find someone soon so you can get rid of the pain.

It is very possible that your knee pain will resolve after your bad hip is replaced. While no one can guarantee that, it is likely that your knee is complaining from the fact that your body is now out of proper alignment and your knee is having to help compensate for the hip. I hope you are able to get your surgery scheduled soon. Good luck!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts