Lounge Doctor

Bilateral TKR Paramedic on the list for BTKR

OP
OP
DJL1967

DJL1967

Country
Canada Canada
Thanks CricketHip. Yes my surgery will be bilateral plus removal of a fixation rod in my right femur from a previous fracture.

OP
OP
DJL1967

DJL1967

Country
Canada Canada
Well it is starting to feel very real now. Had my pre op done yesterday and had seen the Nurse Practitioner, RN, OT, Physio, ECG, X-ray and lab. Was told surgery is approximately 3 hours but maybe longer as they are removing the fixation rod from my femur. Less than 2 weeks to go and starting to get nervous.

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Ahh yes, having the pre op procedures helps to drive it home, doesn't it? For me, it got easier the closer it came to the surgery date.. I started to get a calmness that I hope you get also.
Each day you are a step closer to getting your life back!

OP
OP
DJL1967

DJL1967

Country
Canada Canada
Well I'm starting to get ready for the big day next week. Figured with bilaterals I would not have a good leg to stand on so I built a little something to help me sit/stand. The arms are easily lifted off when not needed and for a grand total of $12 and an hour of my time I think it will serve its purpose.
Still have so much work to do around the house in the next week but if it doesn't get done it can wait till next spring.
1631580157557.png

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Nice commode stand! I think it is so therapeutic to do things like that to prep for the recovery stage..
I hope the next week passes easily, with less pain.

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Best wishes for your surgery day tomorrow. Then the recovery begins..hopefully will see you on the recovery thread.

Jockette

Country
@DJL1967 I moved your post op post to the recovery forum and started a recovery thread for you:

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
right TKR 2 Mo
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom