Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

1st overnight camping trip yesterday & coming home today. Lots of walking & these stairs down to the beach- in the past I would not have been able to go down those. Today, I walked down, did lots of walking around, walked back up , lots more walking around, drove home & no pain!

Attachments

• 4E309561-4B9C-4F65-B30B-33E410DBA4F6.jpeg
    4E309561-4B9C-4F65-B30B-33E410DBA4F6.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 381
Wow, really happy for you, :happydance: it feels so good when we see a big difference in our lifestyle, it makes having gone through the earlier weeks of pain and discomfort worth it. Enjoy all your adventures :flwrysmile:

It is great to hear how good you are doing. I also have got to the point where I forget about my new knee.
Get out all you can and enjoy the new camper!!

I just realized it’s been awhile since I checked in . I’ve gone back to work & that’s been exhausting - I think more from wearing a mask & face shield all day along with learning a new software update than from my knees, but who knows....I do know it’s a year to fully recover so maybe exhaustion is my lingering side effect .It has been nice being back as I really enjoy my job. No pain at all from my knees - it’s so nice walking up & down the hall all day without pain! My job involves sitting & standing & walking so probably ideal for knee recovery. At this point I rarely think about my knees unless someone asks me. it’s so nice to live life not limited by what my knees can do!

Your job sounds almost perfect for rehabbing knee replacements. It sounds like it's working well for you. The exhaustion, unfortunately, is normal. It takes quite a while to recovery that, especially with a bilateral.

Catching up to your recovery @pamsknees - so lovely to hear how well you are progressing and that you are able to get out and enjoy life so much more!!

When my knees got so bad, I gave up bike riding as I couldn’t get going & would fall over. I sold my bike & haven’t been on one other then the stationary bike in years. My new home is just a few houses down from a bridge that leads to hundred of miles of beautiful bike trails, many along the Willamette River. I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to ride yet so I went for a test ride at a local ebike store. I had a blast & bought one. Today it was delivered & I rode 15 miles- so MUCH fun!! I had to come home to get laundry done & grocery shop but am hoping to get another ride in today. No knee pain at all! I’m so very glad I had my knees relaxed & did both at once. Life is good!

Attachments

• C6ECBAE5-C2E3-4981-8840-C3AEF115AA1F.jpeg
    C6ECBAE5-C2E3-4981-8840-C3AEF115AA1F.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 351
  • D3658814-3EF2-40BF-A70C-8E25DF9306EA.jpeg
    D3658814-3EF2-40BF-A70C-8E25DF9306EA.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 351
So cool! Congrats on the new bike - it sounds perfect, especially for your beautiful area!

@pamsknees ... What a great update! I’m really interested in an e-bike. May I ask what model you chose?
@Wolvesfan i went to my local ebike store & test rode 4 models. Each had a very different feel to it. The one I bought was a used 2019 BH Easy Motion Evo Street Pro. I would not have known which I preferred without riding. I love love love it! Just came back from my second ride today - just a short 5 mile ride. Living just off the miles of bike trails along the river makes it very easy to go.

That new ebike is really something! I can’t believe how much FUN it is to be bike riding again. I just want to ride all the time . I feel like a kid with a new Christmas bike! My question is - can I overdo it & damage my new knees? I’ve done so well, & I sure don’t want to ruin anything. Last night I came home after work & rode 7.5 miles - so this week I’ve ridden 32.5 miles. I have no pain & no swelling, but am not sure if I need to limit how much I ride.

As long as your knees aren't having increased pain and swelling, then you are probably doing just fine. I envy you. I want an ebike, also, but oh that cost! One of these days I'll get one!

As long as your knees aren't having increased pain and swelling, then you are probably doing just fine. I envy you. I want an ebike, also, but oh that cost! One of these days I'll get one!

I was fortunate in finding a used one that I liked better then the new ones I tried. It is a year old & was half the cost. I hadn’t ridden in years & wasn’t sure I’d be able to get going quickly enough to be able to ride. This store offered free test rides. I probably would have put it off but they offered interest free financing.,...& once I had ridden successfully I was hooked .

Accckkk! I went to ride my bike last night & a car pulled in front of me- I hit the brakes & put my left leg down hard. I got going again, rode 8 miles, got home & left leg hurt to put weight on it. I took Tylenol, iced, elevated & ended up digging the walker out of the closet. I was hoping it’d be all better when I got up this morning but no such luck. I’m waiting for a call back from the Dr on call for my surgeon. I sure hope I haven’t cause any damage.

Oh no! Hopefully it’s “just” soft tissue that is upset. :console2:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
mexicaliaguilas
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom