Pain - unoperated leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coops

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Iv'e started to get pain in my left groin area in my un operated leg. I have a noticable limp. When i walk / jog it looks like i am over compensating on my left side. My left leg has a lot more muscle tone to it. How can i change the way i walk to even things out? Help please.:pzld:
Coops

When did you have your hip done? It helps to know these things!

Coming up on 4 months - maybe you would benefit from some gait training. I'd have a word with your GP and see if you can get some help from the physios. They can evaluate your gait and see where you are missing your step.

In the meantime, just make sure you are "heel, toe"ing which is the first thing that tends to be out of synch.

coops, I am having the same problem, I am only 6 weeks out but I have never had any physical therapy. They just gave me some easy exercises to do at home but they don't seem to help with me gait. I hobble still and my unop leg also hurts. I go in for my 6 week check next week so hopefully the Dr. can give me some good answeres on this. I will let you know what he says for me.

Have either of you had your leg lengths measured? I was 3/4" longer on the THR and it has given me considerable trouble....and am over 2 years out. I hope you get this resolved because I know the pain/struggles of walking "un-even".

Hi all, sorry I have not been in touch for a while,
Iv'e been going to physio for the last few weeks. I've been told that my hip is a very tight fit and it doesnt have any give in it. My thigh muscle is also still very tight. This is causing me to have a left groin problem when I exercise. As I am not striding out when I walk but twisting my hip slightly. Luckily it can corrected with a bit of treatment. I've changed my picture it was taken at Nottingham Forest's City Ground in May. My first game back as a referee. Fanstastic.

Hi coop - good to see you again! Who told you your hip was a 'very tight fit'? Never heard that one before! It's not supposed to have give in it.

I'd be more inclined to think you have some tendonitis going on somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back