Lounge Doctor

PKR Pain PKR when knee moves to the side

Do!fan923

Country
United States United States
Hello all, maybe it’s just me but if my knee moves a little bit sideways I get very sharp pain. Also I was walking and tried to straighten my PKR knee and the feeling was it would give out like a torn minicus has felt. My left PKR was done on7/20/220, and it’s still swollen And occasionally get sharp pains in the repaired area. Thanks in advance for help.

Roy Gardiner

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'd say it's just your body needing to adjust, which it will over time. Recovery takes weeks and months.

Knee Recovery: The Guidelines

1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary

2. Control discomfort:
rest
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​

3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you​
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​

4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these

5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

6. Access these pages on the website

The Recovery articles:

There are also some cautionary articles here

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery.

While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

OP
OP
D

Do!fan923

Country
Thank you very was getting worried. So when my leg is straight and I put weight on it there is stability in the knee. Feels like it will buckle, hope that will go away. Or is it something I should worry about?

kneeper

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
That is pretty common in the first couple of months. It should diminish. Same thing with feeling uncomfortable with a side to side motion.

OP
OP
D

Do!fan923

Country
Thank you. I’ve never been this immobile in my 54 years, just nervous that I’m progressing as well as I should be. Thanks again

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Femur_guy
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom