THR THR - 2 years I think

Yay @Ursula72 .....so glad you've started your recovery! :flwrysmile: Take it easy and enjoy having people running about after you.....we don't get it very often! :wink::yes!:

Yeah Ursula.
All done.
All temporary stuff happening now.
I know you are uncomfortable, but we are sending healing hugs your way.:roseshwr:

Never thought I'd get on recovery side. But hey here I am yippee....now the hard work begins.bring it on Yes cool man.

Good for you Ursula.:egypdance:
Wishing you a peaceful day:ice:

First days are hard, but no hard work beginning for you...except trying to get comfortable and walking to the bathroom.
That is hard in itself ...but will improve very soon.
No need to push Anything!
Love your Go Get Em Attitude.

:welome:Welcome Ursula!
You finally joined us. It's so nice to have you on the healing side!
I hope you're resting comfortably and that your pain is well managed.
I'm going to leave the Recovery Article in case you haven't read it yet.
Please stop by often, it's always a pleasure to hear from you.

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)​
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.​
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each, member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

It's the drugs, @Ursula. Makes your brain feel like mush. We've all been there.
But hopefully they're keeping your pain well managed and you're able to rest comfortably.
Use one of the little peeps that you so love to communicate and you won't need to type.
Are you feeling like -
This > :thumb:
Or like this > :yawn: :sleep:
Maybe even this > :happydance::dancy::spin: Doubt it though :heehee:
Or that > :swoon:

No matter how you're feeling today, it's going to get better.....promise!
Hugs to you :friends:

@Ursula72 you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads

2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated

3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if necessary

It sounds like you are off to a good start in your recovery. As Mojo said, easy does it early on. The trips to the bathroom the first week are plenty of exercise. Just rest and nap when he feel tired and let your body work on healing. You will be surprised at how quickly things improve. Sending happy healing thoughts your way :flwrysmile:

Congratulations on reaching the recovery side, Ursula! I hope these days aren't too hard on ya. Will be keeping an eye on this thread to see how your healing process is going. :flwrysmile:

@Ursula72 I've moved this post into the Recovery Area so you now get a THR prefix.

Please make this your one and only thread in here because that's how we prefer it. Got it?

@Ursula72 This is now your recovery thread. Please don't start any new ones.

Happy Saturday, Ursula
I hope you're having a good day. I haven't forgotten how good it feels to have the surgery behind you.
Hopefully you're resting comfortably and your pain is well managed.
Wishing you lots of comfy naps!
@Ursula72

Well done @Ursula72 .....hope you continue to get stronger, and don't worry about being woolly minded, it can take a while to clear.....just tell everyone it's the meds (cast-iron excuse! :heehee:)

Ursula, today was my first full day at home from hospital. Thankfully the cell phone tells me what time it is and what day it is. Things are getting mushed together. Our bodies have been thru a lot, so the mind is catching up. I woke up from a deep sleep and was very disoriented. Every cell and molecule is healing in its own way. Honor that process.
Here’s to yours and my continued improvement.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JoeyRamone
Recent bookmarks