THR THR - 2 years I think

Hi @Ursula72 ....how are you and Marlene doing? Hope that pain on the other side has abated, do you have oa in that hip too? I see your weather is a little cooler this week but ramping up again for a hot weekend, so take it easy and stockpile the ice packs :wink:

Yea, Ursula! Where have you been?:shrug:
Getting more mobile I hope!
Give us an update when possible.
Hope today is a Good Day!:tada:

Hi Ursula! I hope you are doing well. My grand-daughter and her friend just left to spend 4 months in New Zealand. They were to be working on a ferry for a year but there was a change in their contract so will be there only 4 months and then on to Hawaii to work. They work on cruise ships. How exciting to be young and travel the world. They arrived in NZ last week. Funny that her nickname is Kiwi!

Sending you good thoughts and hugs!

Hope your weekend has been restful. How are you getting along?
It's been only a few weeks and I know for me many new aches and pains came about as I became more mobile.
Jaycey reminded me we need to get rid of older shoes with bad wear pattern, so I found that actually helped quite a bit as I worked on my "new walking"
Hope you are doing well!

Hi there, :hi:
I'm sorry to read you're suffering pain in your other hip, Ursula.
Hope that's not stressing Marlene.
Would love to hear how you're doing...
Have you made it out to your little garden spot lately? I hope so.
Sending hugs and healing wishes your way! Hope your week is going well. :)
@Ursula72

Sorry I’ve not been in touch lately. My friend who is 83 had a stroke 9 days ago and lost the use of his legs, and has got increasingly worse with the debenture. My son who is 40 and works 12 hour shift work, goes twice to the hospital and is worn out physically and mentally. All this worry is affecting me as well, I cry when I’m alone, and feel depressed anyway after my hip operation. My son took me to the hospital to see my friend. Sitting on the hospital chair was more painful than I expected for 2 hours. I’m on my own such a lot and it gets a bit scary. 2 of the ladies from church came to see me on Monday, and 2 more Wednesday and Thursday, 3 people from church have been to see Tony( my friend) so that’s not too bad. I saw OS on Friday, my dressing was taken off, and the wound is healing very well! Which is so good!

Sorry...dementors. Also I must have pressed something as some of my reply is underlined...not to worry

Ursula, it's really nice to hear from you. I was concerned a bit since you haven't been around.
I'm sorry to hear of your friends stroke and resulting paralysis. It must be devastating for your friend and heartbreaking for you I am sure.

Stop by more often if you're sad or feeling down. I think communicating with us is far better than sitting alone crying when you're having a bad day. You may be surprised to find someone here with the ability to lift your spirits through words of support and encouragement right when you need it. Promise me you'll try next time you're feeling sad and lonely....

I'm wondering if you're getting out to smell the roses enough at this point in recovery. Not sure if you drive, but if you do, maybe a drive in the car, or lunch with a friend could serve as a healthy distraction and motivate you to further activity. Or even inviting someone over for coffee, dessert and casual conversation. I wish you felt secure enough to make it out to your little garden spot you've mentioned. I'm happy to hear some women from your church visited. Hopefully it continues.

Big hugs and prayers for you and your friend. Your days will get brighter. Please know we're here for you.
@Ursula72

Hi Ursula. It really should be that life's tribulations should be discontinued until we are all healed up.
Of course that never happens, but it's alot on one to have to deal with very much when we are working on our own issues.
Cannot help much except to agree with Layla that you should try at every opportunity to find some change of scenery...not a hospital if you can help it...
But I certainly send some healing hugs and sympathy!

Hello Ursula, I read thru your post.
It made me sad to read that you been crying and feeling blue. Sorry.
We had our surgery about the same time..I think it’s the 6 week wall we hit.
I know you’re feeling badly about your friend and then those feelings get everything magnified.
I’m sorry that you feel scared.

I’ve been cooped up in this house until this week. Most of my thoughts are when is this going to end. Maybe my thoughts should be to get going.
Have a plan ,know my restrictions. Figure out how I can bring those ice packs to sit on. :heehee:

Like Layla said try to get out for a bit..it really helps ..I’ve been taking 2 small walks a day.

No doubt this surgery has been hard for me..I still have pain. I have no choice now, I got to make the best of it.
Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts.
AR2

Hi Layla, Mojo 333, and Annie Rose2, thanks for your real kind and encouraging replies. Saw the assistant OT at the hospital on Friday.My wound is healing real well it looks great. OT said it’s the tissues that can’t be see that have to be careful with and the muscle that they cut through as that holds the hip joint. My muscle was weak and flabbyto begin with, don’t know why as I used to walk a lot and do gardening. I’ve managed to get out to the upper garden where I’ve got some hanging baskets I’ve been watering them with a small bottle so I’m up and down my back step I thought that this in itself is good gentle exercise and practice for steps. Our heatwave in uk is still on, we’re coming near to a drought so the rest of my plants in the lower garden in pots are all shrivelled up.....least of worries to me. My son is a star what with looking after me(the 1st weeks after my op) and now my matedear old Tony, he can walk now but his dementure is the main concern now.

It makes me grateful for my THR when I see others dealing with those kinds of issues like your friend.
Glad you raised a loving son who is there for you.
I know you worry for causing him extra time but it won't be forever and I'm guessing he is glad to be able to be there for his mum.

You are doing just fine and will continue to get better and do more.
Some of it is just time and patience.
Hope today is a better day, @Ursula72
Keep the faith!

Last edited:
Hi @Ursula72 - I'm sorry to hear about your friend and the extra worries and concern. I hope your friend will recover well.

It's good to reach out to the group here for support. I'm glad to hear your wound is healing well. I think Layla, Mojo, and AnnieRose have great suggestions to help lift your spirits and get a change of scenery. You know what your body can do and have supportive friends. Let them know what you need and desire for some diversion in your daily activities.

Sending you hugs and love for healing.

Hi Ursula,
I'm happy to hear you're making it out to your upper garden. It's too bad your lower is a casualty of the heat.
We get pretty hot here also this time of year. It's not my favorite weather but I'll take it over freezing temps and several feet of snow.

Great news on your incision! It's always nice to hear that it's healing as it should. Not all are as lucky.
Be careful navigating those steps with your water bottle. That's the Mother Hen in me speaking. She comes out once in awhile. :heehee: Just don't want to see you take a spill.

Is it a possibility a church friend, of your son, could take you to visit your friend, Tony?
That might be something you'd both enjoy...

Stay in touch, we'd love to hear of your progress and keep you company when you're lonely.
I hope your Sunday has gone well so far and I'm wishing you a peaceful evening.
Hugs
@Ursula72

Last edited:
@Ursula72 . Stopping in to thank you for telling us about your plants.
It inspired me to have Hubs to go to the garden center and pick up some end of season, sad looking annuals and bring them home.
So thanks to you, 6 marigolds have perked up,and are looking lovely in their new home.
Take care. Healing thoughts to you.

Hello Layla,Mojo333, luvisibe,and AnnieRose 2, Thankyou for all your loving wishes and concern for me....it lifts me up a lot. Annie Rose 2 we are a day apart with our ops, I hope you’re doing alright, we’re all on the recovery path together! I’m glad we’re not alone. Sometimes I think to myself ‘Wow I’ve had a major op!! Wow, then Look at my scar and think yay look at that, I’ve done it!’ Do you all think that too? I bet you do! Aren’t we cool.xxx

We are superheroes, Ursula.
We did what we needed to do to get our lives back.
Keep the faith, it will get better.

Hi @Ursula72 ....just catching up with you, so sorry to hear about Tony. It's hard to deal with bad news when you're already feeling a little down and vulnerable.....hope you'll keep posting so that we can support you. What a lovely son you have....as kind and caring as his mum....you obviously brought him up well and you sound to be extremely close as a result. Will be thinking of you, especially as I see you're expecting really high temps tomorrow (well, at least in N London, it's going up to 33' !) Take care

Yep, I think that too sometimes, Ursula.
That scar reminds me to be thankful there was an option to rid me of pain,
restore my mobility, basically give me a second chance at life. We're blessed we live in
a time that offers us that opportunity.
I hope Lefty isn't hampering Marlene's recovery.
Wishing you a great second half of the week!
@Ursula72

Sorry I’ve been absent in replying to you all, it’s just been Tony, he recently had a fall in the hospital toilet and been in a bad way...it didn’t help him before the fall because he had a streaming cold and when my son and I went to visit him he was asleep on the ward on his chair with his back to an open window which wasn’t good as Saturday was a very windy day. The poor mans glasses were on the floor as were his false teeth. We told the nurse about the open window and his chest hurting and she said.she had told him to get on his bed for an afternoon nap but he refused. So that’s how we found him fast asleep, head on chest, teeth n glasses on the floor. It upset us. Yesterday he was un responsive and on a drip antibiotic, high temperature, low blood pressure and low blood sugar.....sorry about the misery folks. Through getting in and out of me sons car and sitting for two hours in a hospital wheel chair poor old Marlene doesn’t like it mush...but I’ve walked quite a bit with a cane. xxx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Bonehenge
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom