THR Ow it hurts no more!

Well, the good news is I finally had a bm and my temperature is down to 99.9. So I think I am finally heading in the right direction.

Not very unusual to run temperature or have constipation..
:oyvey:
Kind of rough...these early days, but Do try to relax - as much as possible.

All will level off soon.:yes:
Sending you healing vibes, @Owithurts :console2:

Prune juice, Prunes, and Colace saved the day when I had to be on the narcotics at first. Lots of fiber and fluids too.

I wasn't let out of hospital till I had a BM! Nurses gave me 2 senna tablets at night on day 1 (and day 2 also) and next morning - voila! Once home on day 3, I sent hubby out to buy some to have on hand for that 1st week on codeine. Also snacked on prunes, dried figs and almonds. Did the trick very gently.

Sending good vibes for recovery.

:hi:
Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope all is well.
Leave us an update next time you're on the forum, we'd love to hear all about your progress.
A great rest of the week to you! :flwrysmile:
@Owithurts

One month! Well, things are going great. Off walker after one week, off cane after second week. Finished physical therapy this week. No pain meds after first week. Saw Scooby-Doo on the ceiling in my bedroom....no more pain meds for me! The only thing I am still fighting is nosebleeds every stinkin day! Cannot thank you all enough for all the wonderful information I received from this group.

:hi: Good Morning. Thanks for the update!
You sound wonderful aside from the unwelcome Scooby Doo visits and nosebleeds. It must be the blood clot protocol. Wondering if you spoken with your OS about that? Possibly reducing what you've been prescribed?
It seems you shouldn't have to deal with that.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
@Owithurts

Hello fellow June sunbeam! I am still laughing about seeing Scooby Doo on your ceiling. :rotfl: I guess that's better than say, a Werewolf??:yikes:
I'm on my second week of recovery and I still take pain meds but not as often and most times I cut the tablet in half, on the recommendations of my surgeon's PA.
My husband was a little taken back when that first week I told him I couldn't do something yet because I was waiting for my boyfriend to finish getting his haircut.. :dubious:
I wonder why the nosebleeds? Did the Dr have any insight on that?
Glad to hear that you are experiencing the euphoria of suddenly feeling so much better and believe me it keeps getting better still!

Your Vacation in January will be a wonderful celebration.

Hi Layla and Crickethip,
I have spoken to the surgical navigator for my os. She really didn’t seem concerned about the nosebleeds said I should see my primary care doctor. Unfortunately, my doctor has been out of town for a few weeks. She should be back in her office on Monday.

Soooo, what did your husband say about your boyfriend? The things we say and do under the influence!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Hi @Owithurts ! Good to hear from another June Sunbeam and it sounds like you are having a great recovery!
I'm not "seeing"things, but I know that I need to come off the meds.
Onwards and upwards now! :SUNsmile:

20190712_191110.jpg

Your spirit animal.
Happy (belated) one month.
Lots of good things coming your way

Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope you're enjoying the Summer and all is going well with your recovery.
We'd love to hear about your progress if you have time to share.
Hope to hear from you soon. :)
@Owithurts

@Owithurts hello!! I just caught up with your thread!! How’s Scooby-Doo? I hope he’s keeping the ice packs coming?
My husband said he just shook his head about the boyfriend comment-he knows how I get in drugs...:egypdance:
I hope you are healing up nicely, and you’re right about the less than linear line of healing with a hip!

Happy One Year Anniversary!
We hope you’re doing well and would love to hear from you if you receive a notification.
Wishing you a perfect Summer! :SUNsmile:
@Owithurts

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom