TKR Overwhelmed

OP
OP
C

capecoral

Country
United States United States
Well almost made it to surgery Got the call at 2:30 My surgery for tomorrow is CANCELLED I was so ready house was clean and sanitized furniture rearranged meals frozen everything set to go I am so disappointed New date July 23 maybe It will be hard to get my mind set again

Mamamoe

Country
I’m in Pennsylvania and my Bilateral knee surgery is on Tuesday, July 14, my Covid test is on Sunday, July 12.

OP
OP
C

capecoral

Country
Well I almost made it again My surgery is cancelled for the second time this month Florida keeps running out of staffed beds I am rescheduled for Monday July 27 at a bigger hospital that has more beds It is farther away for me but I'm willing to travel to get this done Our governor is trying to get more nurses I don't know where he will get them from At this rate I won't be a "July Sparkler"

Jockette

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
I’m sorry, I know these delays are very frustrating. :console2:

Pumpkln

Country
@capecoral,
Your surgery date has been updated in your signature and the July Sparklers surgery group.
Sorry to hear about the delay, all the best on the 27th.

OP
OP
C

capecoral

Country
I got the call from the hospital yesterday So far surgery is still on for Monday I have to be at hospital at 5:30 AM I will have to up at 3:00 AM It is at least an hour drive to hospital I also had to get a covid test for this hospital I had test this morning Not as bad as I thought it would be Just uncomfortable So now I have to pray I pass test or it will be cancelled again I had to do interview on phone with nurse again If I don't get surgery before Aug. 1 I will have to do blood work again
I'm getting very nervous Wish it was done with

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@capecoral Fingers crossed for you that it all goes ahead on Monday. Sounds like you are first up - that's great. No waiting around. You will be done and be sitting up having lunch shortly after.

Rick951

Country
@capecoral Glad you finally got a date!!! It will be over and done with before you know it. I am 3 weeks out, and it still seems like yesterday when I had my surgery. After surgery TAKE YOUR TIME!!! This is my 2nd knee. This time I did not try to rush, I took every nap I ever wanted to take for at least the first week. Even 3 weeks out, I will set up my Ice machine turn on the TV and doze off for a while. I am letting my body do it's work.
Good luck!

OP
OP
C

capecoral

Country
It went very well I am 5 days out and feel great Very little pain I won't hesitate to get my left leg done Nurse has been here She says it looks great PT has been here twice and he isn't pushing

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Lisa’s Petals
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom