Lounge Doctor

Reverse Shoulder Replacement Overdue Left Reverse Shoulder Surgery

Tiger224

Country
United States United States
I have been waiting for over a year to have a Left Reverse Shoulder Surgery, mostly due to COVID-19. At 9 AM January 20 I received a phone call from my Surgeon's office.

I finally have a date for my surgery, February 24. I am bone on bone, with no space left between the ball and rotator cuff. Tomorrow I see him for the Pre-Op meeting. This forum is a great help, I will have more details later. I have been through surgeries for both Total Knee Replacements, Neck fusion, and Back. It is tough having surgery and nobody understands what your going through.

We all need to sympathize with all people that are waiting for an operation and need an answer, that has delayed from this virus.

Last edited by a moderator:

djklaugh

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@Tiger224 It's good to hear you've finally gotten the date for your shoulder replacement! :yes!: I wish you all good fortune with this surgery!

HandyWOMAN

Country
The count down starts, with a pretty good amount of time to prep. Good Luck.

SaraK

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I'm so glad you finally have a surgery date! You'll finally be on the healing side in just a month!

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
Hi, Tiger224....so glad to hear you have a surgery date. And I'm glad you've found BoneSmart. We'll be with you through the countdown and during recovery to support you and answer any questions you might have.

Railroad man

Country
I have been waiting for over a year to have a Left Reverse Shoulder Surgery, mostly due to COVID-19. At 9 AM January 20 I received a phone call from my Surgeon's office.

I finally have a date for my surgery, February 24. I am bone on bone, with no space left between the ball and rotator cuff. Tomorrow I see him for the Pre-Op meeting. This forum is a great help, I will have more details later. I have been through surgeries for both Total Knee Replacements, Neck fusion, and Back. It is tough having surgery and nobody understands what your going through.

We all need to sympathize with all people that are waiting for an operation and need an answer, that has delayed from this virus.
This sling I purchased was extremely helpful with both of my past shoulder replacements.
No strain on your neck and very easy to put on by yourself.
Ultr Sling IV by Donjoy from amazon

Attachments

SaraK

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
@Railroad man - that's the same sling I was given for my rotator cuff surgery. After I stopped fighting it, I realized how much it protected my shoulder and kept things steady to reduce pain. Then it became my friend!

OP
OP
T

Tiger224

Country
That is the same sling I will be using on March 3. My operation for reverse letf shoulder was moved since the guide did not come in. Due today.

I have been doing my research and over ready.

SaraK

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Answering your question about being able to pull pants up on your own when no one's around - are you looking for a dressing stick or something like that? I also recommend elastic waist and larger than normal size to make pulling pants up easier. I've also heard of people using a "grabber" . You can also get a device to help with buttons and another for socks.

OP
OP
T

Tiger224

Country
Thank you, the problem is reaching behind. I looked on Amazon and found a TACKLIFE reacher and grabber that is 30 inches long, grabbers rotates 90 degrees, and arm midway bends and grabs from 0-180 degrees. This is different than the rest. Works more like a robotic arm, which is what you want when reaching behind to pull up pants. Can pull up socks too! I purchased it and will let everyone knows how this one works.

I have other grabbers, but they are straight. Being an Electronic Engineer I thought of getting a small robot to do the job. This is costs far less. Being able to bend makes it have many more uses.

New

Active Antibacterial
STEPS Challenge

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Miah1996
Recent bookmarks