THR Out with the old; in with the new! Hopefulm's Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I.still.can't reach foot. Webthink.muscles are sorted but still.work to do. Pleased for you tho pal in getting move done

Legin THR Sep 14

@hopefulm .... wow, that was quite a journey! But now you have the winter to relax and recover...hopefully you are in a warm place!!! Let us know how you're doing!

Hi, @Jamie! Thanks for asking. We are enjoying the warm sun of the desert. I'm doing pretty well, lots of walking, but maybe got too ambitious with exercising this week. I started a water exercise class which includes a variety of squats and lunges in warm shallow water. Not sure what I did, but have been having twinges in my hip and down my leg, and waking up at night with hip and leg pain, which mostly resolves with some gentle stretching.
I was virtually pain free several weeks ago, so I'm annoyed with myself for pushing too hard.
I did some much needed house cleaning today, lying on ice packs now! Hopefully things will return to the pain free state soon.
However, the other hip really, really didn't like the squats - made us start discussing when I should think about scheduling the next one. . .
The still wonderful news is that I am enjoying walking straight and limp free so much, and i love being able to stand and cook without pain!
Just need to remember it's still pretty early in the healing process.
Thanks again for checking, hope all is great with you!

It's pretty easy to overdo things with water exercises. It just feels GOOD when you're doing it!! But your doing the right thing by scaling back and letting yourself heal up. Go easy for a week or two and you'll be fine....and smarter too, I bet! :wink:

Sheeeeesh hopefulm you must think you are me with the over doing it bit and as you know thinking things thru just isnt my forte. Really glad you are benefiting from your new hip BUT as you have said the other one is saying hello. Be kind to yourself dont push too hard as that limp free walk might go. Just take a look at things and enjoy no need to push pal. Ok serious bit over take care and well done you on advances you have made

Legin THR Sep 14

Thanks for the wonderful birthday wishes! We spent the week exploring the Chiricahua National Monument - area of 8000 ft mountains & amazing rock formations. And, best of all, I did a 4 mile hike with some moderate elevation without any hip pain! - even the original equipment on the other side gave only a few slight twinges. . .so hoping all is well with you, also.

Greetings to all my BS friends! I guess it's pretty typical for those of us fortunate to have a smooth recovery to gradually let go of what was a true life line during a frightening and painful crisis. . . Still, I do find myself missing the wonderful friends I met on this site.

I'm now almost 8 months post op, and nearly to the point of forgetting I ever had a problem with my right hip! An occasional twinge or mild ache is the worst I have. The other hip lets me know that it may not last forever, but I'm convinced that returning to a normal gait without a limp has given it some more time. My back pain is gone, and my knees are better!

Hopefully, my experience will provide some hope to those in the early stages of recovery.

Once again, Dear Friends, you made the difference for me between panic/terror, and the ability to cope. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562