osteoarthritis unloaders

BLRingler

Country
United States United States
Hello, new to forum, happy to have found it. Osteoarthritis turning out to be life changing.

I have osteoarthritis in both knees.

During the day at work and sleeping at night I am wearing a thin McDavid Knee Support 402 on both knees

When pushing the knees with cutting the yard, washing cars, etc. I am wearing a M-Brace Air #43 unloader

I am looking for a thin unloader to wear during the day under work slacks. Anyone have any experience? I know I am headed for surgery but trying different pain management until then

Thanks

When I had an unloader brace it was pretty bulky. I could just get it under slacks if they were fairly loose. But I didn't like it b/c I either couldn't get it to stay in place or it got very uncomfortable. But that was several years ago.

Unloaders are bulky, I am currently looking at reviews for non-bulky unloaders, but they are that way by design. Sometimes I double-up on the compression knee support at work or traveling. Thanks for the response, I might be out of luck with thinner unloaders.

B~

Seems to me, the longer we avoid surgery, the longer the pain and disability continues.
I was queen of a avoidance.
Man I love me new knees. As the song goes...if I could wind back time!!!

I use a Fusion OA Lateral brace that helps push my valgus knock knee back slightly mostly when I'm doing long walks or have a day where I'll be on my feet a lot.

It's bulky like you say. I need to wear a pair of jeans 1 size up to fit them under. These things don't fit well under normal pants or slacks.

I usually wear it with khaki shorts these days from like April-November haha.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back