• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

OS said it's Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
My way, are you out dancing and celebrating for the last two weeks??? :) You seem to be AWOL! Or maybe you have been sneaking into the oilfield's to see the marvelous improvements I am making with the warriors! :heehee:

inspojo

Country
Ireland Ireland
Well the way I hear it is The Lads are terrified of a certain person and only cover themselves in oil so that she can't grab 'em as they run past...@Myway congrats on the July 2 date. It won't be long now as the monkey said---

Country
My way,
Just checking in on you...I hope your knees haven,t been too painful. Are you done with school yet.
Thinking of you....hugs coming your way
Diana

OP
OP
My way

My way

graduate
Country
Canada Canada
Hi All, Only 11 more days till I get my OP! Funny how that is only now starting to seem real.:yikes: I have my pre op visit on Friday 28 then it's a long weekend and op on the following Tuesday.puffin and Hopper, I still seem to be laid back and not rushing to get things ready. School finished today so I guess I'll have to settle down to business :sigh: . I did have a visit with my GP to discuss meds and I have arrangements to pick up all the aids I need from the Red Cross so I do have something done. :) RestAssured and inspojo I will try to pop down and see for myself just what is being done to the "Lads". Titianlady and new knee in June are a little worried about them and are unable to check on them themselves.:groan:I assured them I don't mind making the sacrifice to make sure they aren't refined beyond repair. :snork:
I'm still calm and collected but that is subject to change at any time now. I'm sure I'll be :sos: and:boohoo:soon.
Wanda

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
Wanda,

The "Lads" are in "Good" hands! We went to see Superman tonight, and I had to explain to them that real men don't wear tights and fly around with an S on their chest and a cape! They just think they are heroes, because "us womenfolk" make them believe they are! :whistle: :heehee:

Titianlady

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
RestAssured Sonja, don't civilize the Warriors too much!! We ladies kind of like that they are still a bit rough around the edges!! We don't want them in Tutus again!!

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
RestAssured Sonja, don't civilize the Warriors too much!! We ladies kind of like that they are still a bit rough around the edges!! We don't want them in Tutus again!!
Oh, don't worry! The "stuff" they learn from all the oilfield guys gives gives the term roughneck a whole new meaning! :happydance:

I explained to the warriors that I will be away from tomorrow until next Sunday, so they will have to fend for themselves! They said "No problem, we have been invited to a roughneck retreat!" That ought to keep um busy! :heehee:

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
Hi All, Only 11 more days till I get my OP! Funny how that is only now starting to seem real.:yikes: I have my pre op visit on Friday 28 then it's a long weekend and op on the following Tuesday.puffin and Hopper, I still seem to be laid back and not rushing to get things ready. School finished today so I guess I'll have to settle down to business :sigh: . I did have a visit with my GP to discuss meds and I have arrangements to pick up all the aids I need from the Red Cross so I do have something done. :) RestAssured and inspojo I will try to pop down and see for myself just what is being done to the "Lads". Titianlady and new knee in June are a little worried about them and are unable to check on them themselves.:groan:I assured them I don't mind making the sacrifice to make sure they aren't refined beyond repair. :snork:
I'm still calm and collected but that is subject to change at any time now. I'm sure I'll be :sos: and:boohoo:soon.
Wanda
We will be here for you any time you need to talk out worries, fears, or just to have a few more laughs! After all laughter is the best medicine! :happydance:

Titianlady

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
My way Wanda, yup, it's getting close now!! Seems like time just flys the last week or so up to our day of surgery it's good you have all your aids in place. That's one less thing to worry about.

Make sure you get some 'me' time before your surgery day. Sleep in, take it easy, go to lunch, get a massage, a mani, pedi, anything that is just for you. My last surgery, hubby got me a certificate for a two hour hot stone massage, and after a pedicure. Then he took me to a nice
dinner.

We're rooting for you!! :friends: :friends: :yahoo:

Hopper

graduate
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
You are going to be fine and remain calm. No reason not to be so. Have a lovely weekend my friend. :)
I shall be landing in the UK as your tummy is rumbling on the 2nd July.
I will be thinking of you and be jolly glad I can have some breakfast!

inspojo

Country
Ireland Ireland
Just to clear up something... I'm delighted that Sonja has arranged that the Lads go on a few days Retreat. This religious experience can have only excellent results; a day or three spent taking part in hymn

-singing and talks on spiritual themes can only enhance the Lads previous exposure to wine-tasting, minuet-dancing and the finer things in life that SWMBO and I gave them. I would be a little concerned about them wearing only fig-leaves. I do realise that you Americans have a constitutional right to bare arms, but bare chest, bare legs...? Can't be all that healthy in bright sun surely?

Country
Hello, my way,
I haven,t written in a while....computer broke and i,ve been doing so many exercises and c.p.m machines, it,s like
A full time job. I wanted to tell you don, keep getting nervous about the surgery itself. If you get nervous tell them and they will give you something for anxiety....they want you to be as comfortable as possible. I had g.a with femoral block and don,t remember a thing.
Are you having b.t.k.r or just one. Get your nesting area all set up and I can,t wait to see you on the other side with all the cool people.
They want my warriors in Stars and Stripes........at least they are well taken care off.
Talk soon.......diana

OP
OP
My way

My way

graduate
Country
Canada Canada
puffin Thanks for asking but,....Well, I've been a bad girl again. :headbang:It's getting so close now (7 more days) that I over did it yesterday and I am paying the price today. Getting the nest ready isn't the problem. It's over doing it with the fun things that are killing me! :rotfl: Knees are terrible, back hurts and hip is grumbling. Titianlady I'm afraid the things I like to do for me time all include physical activity but, I am learning to just soak up the sun again. I haven't told my poor abused husband just how uncomfortable I am because he won't take me walking the beach for the last time tomorrow! :whistle:
new knee in June and Hopper I have to say I 'm not at all nervous about the surgery yet. I'm sure it will come though. My biggest worry is that something will come up to delay me yet again.:sad: Diana it is a BTKR.
RestAssured could you please reassure inspojo that the Lads are doing well. Please don't tame them too much as I think I would like their company in the OR and it won't be the same if they are genteel!
Friday is my Pre OP and here's hoping all goes well.:beg:
Wanda

Hopper

graduate
Country
I think a walk - or hobble - along the beach is a must really. Just take it easy and maybe sit and enjoy it along the way. :SUNsmile:
In a few months such a walk may be a real pleasure instead of a tortuous pleasure!
Lets hope for no more delays. If by any chance that happens - well the Lads could be sent to a certain persons office..... :yahoo:

OP
OP
My way

My way

graduate
Country
Canada Canada
Oh there are numerous soft rocks all along the beach that I make great use of. The whales have arrived so a thermos of coffee and a comfy rock are all I need.(well maybe a knee support or two and a few pain killers) I can't wait for the time when I will be able to do things with no pain.
I hope you have a great trip home! I wonder what my trip will be like? Gawd, I hope those warriors stay away from the operating room! :yikes: I can't imagine what will come out of my mouth with a drugged up brain! :rotfl:

Hopper

graduate
Country
That's a very British gawd! You might give your doctors a laugh.
Whales - how wonderful.
I'm going to be thinking of you.

RestAssured

Forum Advisor
Country
No, no, no My way! Not a chance that you will see any of the warriors as they are working on their tans "in the buff" right now! I told them to behave and I have an oilfield crew watching out for them! I just hope they don't get their "third leg" hung up in the equipment! :yikes: By the way, I called your OS, and he said "With Wanda being on Morphine, those Warriors don't stand a chance!" So the warriors and I had a "caucus". Or (talk) and decided you might be too much too handle! :iagree: :wink: :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom