Orthopedic Surgeon appointment

Ursula72

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I saw the surgeon today, he was very nice. He showed me the Xray of my right hip, there's a large piece of bone missing, it's eroded away. I might be having surgery in April. I have to see the blood doctor first as I am anemic. At last things are moving. I will have an epidural as anesthetic

I am so glad you are making progress @Ursula72. That hip must be very painful. While April may seem far away, you have been so patient up to now, you will make it.

Great news ! Will be looking for you in April! Hoping all goes well to get you thru the stages of preparation.
:tada:

Gotta get rid of that bad old hip Ursula. Iron supplements being prescribed?
That thing HAS to be miserable.
Yay, you will be getting this all fixed up.
:tada:

ouch that sounds horrid @Ursula72 ...glad you've got a date sorted, and having a surgeon you're comfortable with is always a bonus. Hope it isn't too painful while you wait

Yes, when I’ve seen the blood doctor will prescribe iron tablets. My appointment. For blood doctor isn’t till April the tenth, so my OP is going to hurry it round , so my op can be done.

Keep up your positive spirit @Ursula72. Sounds like your medical team is working with you.

I wonder why you can't take multivitamin with iron in the interim?
Look up iron rich foods, best way to get into your system anyway.
Do you like liver (bleck, I don't) but my DH does and he gets low on iron so he eats regularly.

Keep hanging in there, Ursula!
Your day will come and we'll be here cheering you on :yay:
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Hugs :friends:
@Ursula72

anny, I see you too are waiting for a new hip too. I have begun to look forward to my alerts, I feel better talking to others who are in the same....similar boats to me.

Glad you like your OS. That's important that you are comfortable with him.

Aww, Ursula you're so sweet....Keep posting if it makes you feel better. We're here for you!
Just for YOU because I know you like these little guys > :happydance::wave::kitty: :happyfeet::chuckmarch:

Have a nice weekend!

anny, I see you too are waiting for a new hip too. I have begun to look forward to my alerts, I feel better talking to others who are in the same....similar boats to me

oh me too @Ursula72 ......not sure how I'd be coping now if I couldn't talk to others going thro the same thing. Family and friends do their best, but don't really understand unless they've been thro the same thing. Fingers crossed you get the anaemia sorted very quickly, that should help to make you feel better in itself, and then for an early THR......hope you're still coping ok with the pain. Tell your cousin in Waikanae you will need to recuperate in NZ....that would give you something to aim for :wink::happydance:tho at the moment we're expecting the tail end of a tropical cyclone with lots of rain and wind, and a wet autumn, so it could be a home-from-home :umm:

Hello Mojo333no I don't like liver too much, but I will have a look for other iron rich foods nstead. I was on iron tablets, then the doctor at our surgery left, the new doctor ordered blood tests be done and found I had enough iron, so took me off them.a year later,that doctor left the practice,and the new doctor in his place had more blood tests done and found I had too much B6 yet I was anemic. And finally I have a lovely lady doctor at our surgery called Dr.Mahood who is the Dr.who discovered my bad hip and got me to see the Orthodedic surgeon after she discovered through an Xray my right hip was had it. So after several trips around the mountain seeing this doctor and that doctor I'm in the mess I'm in today.I've been off n on iron tablets like a cat on a hot tin roof....phew

I agree with you about liver @Ursula72, cannot tolerate it. Thankfully there are other nutritional choices. Have you read through the nutrition section in the library here on bone smart? I found that information very helpful.

I'm with you on the liver:eeeuw:
Red meat in general is usually high in iron, I'll have a steak instead.
Also, there is dark chocolate:yahoo:

Ugh! Liver....yuk :sick: I'm with you on that, Ursula.
Surely you'll find more palatable choices than that.
Hope you get all sorted out so you can move forward.
You'll be like this soon > :dancy:
A great Saturday to you!!
@Ursula72

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member