THR OR date set today and I'm NERVOUS

EXCELLENT!!! Thanks so much!! Have a great night.

Good morning, So I'm a little over 2 weeks out, and getting things ready. I'm wondering if anyone has read any good books lately? I always fall back to James Patterson books, David Baldacci, but wonder if anyone has any suggestions for a good read.
Enjoy the beautiful day!

@hopnfox If you are wanting a good read post op - be forewarned. Trying to concentrate on anything just post op can be difficult. I stocked up on books pre-op LTHR and didn't read any of them.

But - if you are one that doesn't have that problem I enjoyed the Strike novels (Robert Galbraith).

Great!! Thanks so much!! I'll order today...in hopes I can read while recuperating. I do remember not really being interested in stuff for a few days after my back surgery.

Hey ho, Happy Friday! :wave:
Your big day is right around the corner. Hope you’re getting ready to say bye-bye hip pain.
You’re going to love the result of this great surgery! I look forward to following your thread on the healing side. Wishing you comfort as you await Monday.
@hopnfox

Thanks Layla.....we ran our last errands this morning, and we are good to go. I'll be so glad when I wake up and it's over!! I'm still anxious/scared of the unknown, but it's got to be better than the way I am now. I met my surgeon on Tuesday, and he is awesome! Glad I chose anterior as opposed to posterior! I'll not have any restrictions except no yoga or running....not what I was expecting, but pleasantly surprised. I'll post when I can next week, and THANK YOU for being here!

Wishing you a successful surgery and a smooth pain controlled recovery. I hope we see you on the shiny:SUNsmile: (recovery) side when you are up to posting.

I'll be so glad when I wake up and it's over!! I'm still anxious/scared of the unknown

Understandable. I wish I had the magic words to ease those feelings. Sadly, it’s something we just have to get through and you will!

If it helps any, time moves quickly once you’re admitted, they keep you pretty busy during prep, verifying your name, birthdate, why you’re there. They have you change, start an IV, administer meds. You may have a visit from your surgeon or the anesthesiologist and the nurses most often keep it light injecting a little humor here and there. They can also give you something for anxiety if you want, so request it if you feel the need.

Remember that they are professionals and it will be just another Monday to them. They’re doing what they’ve trained to do, what they do best. They want the best possible outcome, just as you do and they will work to that end. You’ll be amazed, and happy when you wake up in disbelief that surgery is behind you.
Wishing you peace of mind and restful sleep over the weekend.

I tried to focus on all the things I would be able to do without pain once surgery was done and I recovered as to keep myself focused on positive and keep any nerves at bay. So much to enjoy once the hip pain is gone.

I know I'll be in good hands, went down this road in January, so I know once I get to the hospital what to expect. 2 surgeries in 9 months .......this is the year that just keeps giving!! I'll be glad when 2021 gets here..ha ha.

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!

Thanks so much!! I'm still scared, but I'll be glad when it's over!! Best of luck to you as well LMBC if I don't get back to you!!

All the best to you @hopnfox
Bye bye hip pain and see you on the Healing Side.:loveshwr:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
iriswest
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom