TKR Optimistic1's Recovery Thread

Redsoxmama-thanks for the feedback. I came home on dilaudid 2 mg 2-3 every 3 hrs but now I'm taking 2 every 5-6 . We'll see how I do. I massaged it before bed tonite after exercise and taking 1/2 muscle relaxant. Pt tomorrow 3 times a week..hopefully I can sleep tonite. We are neighbors ...keep in touch and we can compare notes . Hope you feel better. I have to remember it's only been a week

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Yep I think keeping a reasonable perspective is tough. We are progressing, if ever so slightly! I actually went out to dinner last night and managed nicely. It was good to leave the house even if it was 10 degrees. Today is my PT appt. Hoping they will be able to clarify and help with questions. Hang tough my knee friend .

Redsoxmama-How did you make out at the doctor? I went last Friday and got the ok to drive locally and start outpatient pt the end if this week three ties a week. I kind of overdid it yesterday by going to the gym and riding the bike for 29 minutes. A little sore today. My own fault

I did call and he changed the med to Tramadol which worked well for me. I have my Orth.Dr follow up on Tuesday this week. I have been at out patient PT for 2 weeks and think I am doing pretty well- at 100 deg. flexion as of Friday and just got on to the exercise bike fro about 10 minutes very S-L-O-W! ( I think you might have biked a little long - ice that knee !!) I would love to have the okay to go stick my legs in the Ocean at Hampton Beach this week- but I am not thinking that will get the okay yet.
I have been able to walk the dogs a short way ( 1/4 - 1/2 mile) and have been driving for a couple of weeks. My stamina is still low- after a couple of hours I am ready to be home and resting a bit.
It's good to be able to get out on your own though. Are you sleeping okay? I have had a little battle with with it this week but found a combination of melatonin, the pain med, and pillows that seems to work better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you are doing great. I think I did over do it with the bike the first time at the gym but have spent a lot of the day icing. I did notice my foot isn't quite as strong when applying brakes and driving so I think I need to cool it abit. I have a tendency to push things. Sleeping is difficult. I take 1-2 dilaudid tabs before bed and a muscle relaxant . It's hard to get to a comfortable position and I seem to toss and turn all night. Then I get up and ice my leg again. Sometimes that gets me back to sleep.

It's great to be able to do something besides sit around here.. I have an exercise bike I can use but usually only 10 -15 mins once or twice a day -no resistance. My goal is to be able to hike a bit and kayak when spring really arrives in April- May. Check you Private Messages - I messaged you there too.

Howdy - how are you doing? Hope you are enjoying the spring time. I am and wouldn't have believed that a month and a half ago!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back