TKR Onwards and upwards - my journey continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
proud of yourself.jpg
@robynhood, what a great thing for you and your girls to do in honor and memory of your friend. I know she is smiling down on all of you.

Good for you, Pat! :wowspring: I am glad you conquered the run/ walk..... It is a big achievement and you were due. Glad to hear things have gotten better even with the draw back of the cyst.
I am sorry to hear about Anne. We all have someone struggling with cancer.... It is an insidious disease....
Keep up the good work! I think about you often. :wave:

Pat, you look great! Congratulations on finishing the Race for the Cure. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That is so hard. What a huge loss. I'm doing well. We are going for some kind of bike ride every day and keeping our knees fit. I think about you and my other Bonesmart buddies. You helped me so much.

A long time since I've posted on here. Coming up to my 2 year anniversary lots of ups and downs but feel it has all been worth it. Hope all my Bonesmart friends are doing well

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

@robynhood Gosh 2 years is coming around quickly. I'm glad I had mine done but am hoping physio improves my mobility. How is yours feeling now and how is your other knee with the cyst?
Sue.

Hi Sue. Nice to hear from you. I'm sorry you're still having problems with your mobility. I really hope physio works for you. I'm still struggling with my right knee when the bakers cyst flares up. My knee is nowhere near as bad as my left one was before surgery. I'm hoping to keep it for as long as I can. Two years had flown by you're right. We didn't expect recovery to be so long did we. As well as all the other huge medical issues you've had to deal with. Sending you hugs and best wishes❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Excellent news, Pat. I'll get to Chester sometime soon for that coffee. It does seem a long time ago we were visiting our lovely little hospital and surgeons there doesn't it.
I'm getting back a bit of normality, albeit the new normal of living with lymphoma. My new meds seem to be helping with my general health, heart and so on and I hope physio might add to the knee progress. I'm going to ask about a knee compression sleeve and so on as well. If my scan is OK I'll obviously feel a lot better too knowing I can get on with things instead of going one step forwards and 2 back as I've done over the past 18months. It's 12 months today since my diagnosis of NHL.
I'm glad your other knee is behaving relatively well as mine is; long may they do so!!
Hugs,
Sue.

❤️ITS MY TWO YEAR AKNEEVERSARY TODAY❤️ it's flown by yet it hasn't. Weird. So pleased I had it done but still very wary of having right knee done. Luckily it's nowhere near as bad as the left one. The only thing that kept me sane in those first awful months was Bonesmart. So Thanks to this forum and all the wonderful people who make it what it is ❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary. I'm now 27 months, so my 2 year was 3 months ago. I am happy to report that though last summer I feared the other knee was quickly following suit, this summer was immensely better. I guess the right leg was finally strong enough to carry it's share of the load so the left didn't have to do double time.

❤️ sleepless nights is still being a problem for me. Being tired and snappy all day is getting beyond a joke. I've tried the herbal tablets but they don't really help. Lots of family problems at the moment which probably isn't helping and the bakers cyst is misbehaving. Hope everyone is well. Goodnite from a very tired and weary Robynhood ❤️

Had a very relaxing weekend and bought a much larger caravan for next season. Discovered I've also got osteoarthritis in my right foot. So that's both knees, both hands and right foot. Where next I wonder

@robynhood,

I have been told I have osteoarthritis in both feet, and degenerative arthritis in my right ankle. Add that to my two knees, my back, and my neck, and ...... Yes I think that about does it! :rotfl:

I have learned not to let it get me down. I keep moving and I feel better every day!:happydance:

Yes what next i think we all wonder this my grand kids keep calling me bionic now got more metal than steel works hand, feet,knee,and they count hearing aids and glasses as well.Just been in hospital again now found out heart trouble did a bit to much bike riding but did not have to stop and start heart so not too bad.What they will say when other knee or hip gets done not be long now.Then on the bright side you have your new van to look forward too mine is away for winter now but sat here at daughters looking out at sea with sun out, thinking should have come down with van.Next year all booked up May till September down south coast in van, end of October 3 weeks in Florida think about knee or hip then.

Wow that sounds so good. Unfortunately we don't get that much sun in Anglesey Wales. I'm so jealous of your Florida sun. I'm taking things each as they come. One knee dealt with. Other knee I'm putting off as long as possible. My hands have been x rayed and they are osteo not rheumatoid arthritis. So that's good I guess. Nice to hear from you. Take Care

Going back to Yorkshire tommorow child minding duties over for a month so sun will be staying here in Newhaven i expect.I agree put next replacement off as long as we can,enjoy this one first .

Hi Pat @robynhood

I'm so sorry, I don't know why I didn't get an alert to your post, I follow you, so I don't get that at all. I realised I missed your 2nd Ankeeversary. I'm with you regarding being wary of the other knee being done.

I have sent you a couple of pm but you may not be getting those alerts in the light of me not getting yours.

It sounds like you have a lot going on. If you want to talk confidentially. I'm here for you. If not just remember you are in my thoughts and prayers

(((((((Big hugs))))))))
Love Nana moon 27 xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Steveg63