Lounge Doctor

OneStep Therapy Discussion Thread - Join Us!

BoneSmart

Administrative Staff
Country
United States United States
1631243293291.png

Welcome to the OneStep Digital Physical Therapy Discussion
for pre-op hips!

BoneSmart began a partnership with OneStep in 2020 when we discovered their gait-based approach to both pre and post op physical therapy. Since those early days, we've conducted a successful pilot test of the program that offered many of our members the opportunity to use the program and provide feedback on their experience. Across the board we've heard great things about how this gait-based therapy leads to improvements in mobility. We think it's a winner! You can find out more details about how OneStep works and register for the program at this link.

Even if you don't subscribe to the program, you can receive a free medical-grade gait analysis when you download the app to your smart phone and take a short walk.

We've recruited a group of BoneSmarties to serve as OneStep Ambassadors. They will be available to chat with you about their experience with the program in this thread. They can answer questions as well as let you know what the program did for them. So please don't hesitate to post questions or tag one or more Ambassador that you want to talk with.

1631243760036.png
You can recognize our OneStep Ambassadors by this special icon in their profile box.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamie

OneStep AMBASSADOR
Senior Administrator
Country
OneStep Ambassador Icon
If you're currently enrolled have completed the OneStep program, please post and let us know what your opinion of the program is so far.

Let us hear from you, OneSteppers!

If you're considering the program, we'd like to know your thoughts, questions, or concerns as well.

subie2021

Country
I started OneStep on the pre-op side and decided to stick with it post-op. It gives me motivation to keep moving without it being naggy. My courses are set up in 10 day increments. I like that if I skip a day, it's not lost and gone forever; I can complete it when I feel up to it and move on.
My therapist has been good about being responsive to my abilities and adjusts or modifies exercises for me. I learned the hard way long ago that there is only one chance to heal correctly the first time, so if a particular move seems to be too much, I let her know. We discuss either through messaging or during our face to face meetings.
The support staff at OneStep has been good to work with also. I've messed up a couple of times, missing or deleting something and each time someone was able to fix it for me. I'm basically a techno-dud and appreciate the patience and fixes.
I have no idea about how they figure out the algorithms and all that, but it's so cool that my gait can be analyzed by a phone in my pocket. Then the data over time is organized into a graph type report. The feedback is motivating to me without being pushy or nagging.
I think it's also pretty cool that my OneStep program so closely parallels my in-person PT. That gives me confidence in both of them. Of course OneStep isn't hands on, but I can tell the therapist what is going on with the local sessions and we take it from there.
My OneStep therapist had asked me pre-op to send her a video of myself walking. So my dh did one on one of my "good" days when the hip pain wasn't too bad. I thought I nailed it, moving along so smoothly. Then I viewed that video and saw how horribly distorted my gait it...I looked like Granny Sasquatch or something. Holy moly, it was B-A-D! I have a lot of work to do to loosen some parts and strengthen others and I'm not going to be able to attend pt here forever ( cost and time/distance). I'm happy to have OneStep right here in my home to help me along.

Jamie

OneStep AMBASSADOR
Senior Administrator
Country
OneStep Ambassador Icon
@subie2021 ..... you're so right! Pre-hap programs are proving to be a great way to prepare for surgery. The strengthening exercises will make things easier once you're in recovery and help you meet any challenges that may arise. And, it's possible to lessen the pain you're feeling before surgery with properly targeted strengthening exercises. It's something to consider!

Jamie

OneStep AMBASSADOR
Senior Administrator
Country
OneStep Ambassador Icon
OneStep has made it easier to see if their program will work for you to help relieve pain and strengthen as you prepare for your surgery. You can now have 2 weeks FREE to see how it works for you when you register through the BoneSmart website page. You are still also eligible for the 15% BoneSmart discount for up to 6 months in addition to the free period.

New

OneStep App

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
right TKR 2 Mo
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom