Really nervous and hoping someone who has been in my situation can shed some light. Both knees (9 ms and 12 ms) are giving me fits. Ibuprofen (600 mg) hardly masks the pain. The responsibilities of life are difficult and going to work daily even harder. I felt I was making slow improvement until about six months post-op. The swelling never went away, just kind of moved around. Now it has settled in a pocket under the knee and on the inside of upper calf. The discomfort is constant, only minimized when off my feet. My job as a courier only allows me to ice and elevate once or twice a day. Anyway I just visited my orthopedic surgeon for the 1 year follow-up. Both xrays looked great, but he ordered blood work. When results returned, I noticed he circled my ESR of 40 and my CRP of 16.4 (3x higher than acceptable?!). He decided to aspirate both knees. Wow. I was not prepared for that experience. Not fun. (Still reeling from that days later.) He was able to draw a sample from my newest knee, but the other was stubborn. He made three attempts but couldn’t draw any fluid. Finally told me he’d like to do it at the hospital, under general anesthesia and with a particular xray he didn’t have in his office. I had financial concerns due to a high deductible so he opted to wait on results of the one knee’s culture. So, here I am waiting for two weeks to pass. Trying not to obsess, but doing just that. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on, besides an infection? Thanks for reading.