One Year Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

1jt@atime

supremo
Country
United States United States
I had my first knee replacement one year ago today. My second knee was replaced just short of four months ago. It's hard to believe an entire year has passed and one day you will all be thinking the same thing.

My one-year old knee feels strong though I still have some pain and sometimes stiffness. I guess I'm one of those people that takes 18 months to recover. It's NOTHING like the pain prior to surgery as I don't think I would be walking at this point if I hadn't gone through with it. My OS says I still have inflammation and I'm scheduled for a cortisone shot in about 10 days. If this doesn't take care of the pain, then he'll do a scope. I never knew you could do a scope on a metal and plastic knee but I guess it's the soft tissue we're focusing on. According to my OS, the knee replacement has to be a year old before cortisone or scopes can be done.

I can't advise on what others will be able to do at the one-year mark because I've still got other joints slowing me down. I'm just trying to remain vertical and get to and from work each day which is a goal in itself for me. Would I go through this again if I had a third knee to replace? You bethca, even with the current pain, it's nothing compared to that old feeling of walking on broken glass. Karen

I know you still have challanges ahead of you, but congratulations on the 1 year mark. I know for me, prioor to surgery I couldn't even fatham that idea, today my spring 1 year is around the bend. Wow huh?!

Happy Anniversary Karen!! My OS said it can take up to 18 months to get back to near normal. Take care. ((((((HUGS))))))) Sue

Karen, I'm so happy to hear about your anniversary! You give us all such inspiration!!! I agree with you that, even with a little soft tissue pain now and then, it's ALL worth it and I'd definitely do it again too. Here's hoping that the inflammation will be completely gone for you by birthday number two! Hugs.....Jamie

Excellent! Didn't I always say in one year you'll wake up and think 'gosh I haven't thought about my knee for a few days'?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018