THR One woman, two hips , one week

Going to ease up for a few days , Ice up and takes some pain meds
This often will do the trick.
Let us know what the PT thinks...
Hope today is a better day!

It's Lefty's anniversary. Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you're doing well. Leave us an update when you have time. We'd love to read how you're progressing
with those two new hips. Until then....all the best!
@cornishgal

OMG worse than I--2 hips within a week of each other. As I read I see you are doing fabulous. Never had a problem heel toe but swishing of my hips. PT says small steps are best and things get corrected that way before improving. Also says leg that pushes off in back should be straight and not bent.you're driving and going to the park--oh so far ahead and going forward.

Happy Three Month Anniversary Righty :flwrysmile:
Enjoy the weekend! :SUNsmile:
@cornishgal

Happy Four Month Anniversary to both hips this month.
Would love to hear how you're doing.
Hope you're fully enjoying your second chance! :flwrysmile:
@cornishgal

:hi:@cornishgal
One of the Bravest Women I've encountered...:friends:
Wondering how your hips were feeling at about 5 months...and how life is treating you.
Hope you pop in and give us an update when possible.

:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: @cornishgal
Double Merry Christmas to you.
Hope all is well.:santa-dance:

Happy One Year Anniversary!
Today for Lefty and June 13th for Righty.
If you receive this we’d love to read an update and know how you’re doing one year post op. Hopefully all is well and you’re back enjoying life. :)
@cornishgal

Hi all, so sorry keep meaning to do an update but life’s been a bit hetic and strange lately for us all. An update on hips in short fantastic I have my life back and can do so much more than before . For instance pre op could not walk for more than say 10 mins in shops before pain about 5 months after spent the whole day 9 to 5 walking around the shops only stopping for lunch no pain and smiling all day . I joined aqua aerobics and the gym and started getting my fitness level up and returned to nursing in November . My family and friends noticed my mood had changed dramatically from grouchy to happy and that I was able to do so much more . I feel like me again pre hip op my mum who’s 92 had better mobility now I feel quite spritely and feel a good 10 years younger . I feel so good now , I was so so scared and hesitant about surgery and I am blessed that thus far all is well . I hope my update helps someone else debating about wether to have both hips done. I can only say I’m glad I did now it was difficult at the time I had ups downs did too much worried a lot BUT if you take it easy dont compare yourself with others recovery to harshly and ask for tips advice and reassurance you’ll do fine

Hello,
Thanks for taking the time to share your progress!
Such an encouraging update for anyone who’s contemplating surgery, or waiting on their scheduled date. It sounds like your back engaging in life fully and pain free! I’m very happy for you. I hope you have a wonderful Summer :SUNsmile:
@cornishgal

Glad to hear you are doing well, double hippy pal.
:friends:
Onward and upward:egypdance:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads