THR One woman, two hips , one week

Been thinking about my new thread title one woman, two hips , one week. @Mojo333 how do I change the thread title !!
@linette333 i had some beroca last night which contains magnesium seemed to work .
My waking with two crutches is getting better still staying upstairs for now . Not doing the stairs again until I feel a wee bit stronger might try going down 3or 4 and up again today to build a bit of strength . I agree with @linette333 that the amount stairs disagreed with my legs ! Have a great day people . I have friends over today which will be lovely .

@cornishgal well done on your continued positive recovery- have a good day with freinds and take it easy on those stairs! :flwrysmile:

We will change it for you.
Enjoy your company and rest up lots today!:ice:

Hey cornishgal :hi:
As suggested earlier, consider Magnesium if the spasms or restless legs continue. Following is some info -

Magnesium supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)

An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

Hope you have a great day! :wave:
@cornishgal

:hi:Just popping by to say hello and hope things are leveling off a bit.
Healing hugs...:angel:

Hi @Mojo333 doing well all things considered. Had a night where I had minimal sleep due to ligament pain in the groin of the newer RTHR . It’s crazy you try to lie down flat , sit up walk it out sometimes nothing works . got to sleep for a couple of hours 4 am to 6 am then had meds and breakfast and then had a couple hours more sleep. Then a spruce up ready for a friend to pop in for lunch. The visits keep me going friends and family have been an amazing tonic . The stairs were a strain on my return home so currently the top of the house is my world . Going slightly stir crazy at the moment but trying to be sensible. I tried 5 stairs today and big improvement not easy but safe and more power in my 2 week old hip to get me up those stairs . So I am about to have a little siesta now then if I feel up to it do those stairs . Once I can master that then that’s another achievement under my belt. Ordered magnesium today to keep those legs under control . I also hope that once I can get out and walk more that will help too .

My left leg scar clips came out Monday (3days ago) dressing off today . I really pleased with it ! I have eaten lots of protein chicken fish and veg and grilled cheese sandwiches think it’s worked ??

Attachments

• 6DA1234C-BE3E-4399-9BC9-49F59689AF1D.jpeg
    6DA1234C-BE3E-4399-9BC9-49F59689AF1D.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 166
Gosh you are amazing @cornishgal
Such a positive outlook after two quick THR’s. Can’t imagine how difficult stairs must be with 2 new ones.
So glad you’ve had friends for comfort.... visits make all the difference to your wellbeing don’t they.

Keep up the good work... scar looks fab!!!

xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow did my stairs up and down once this evening . That’s plenty for today another mini achievement . I am getting very strong arms that’s s bonus all that pulling and pushing on and off the bed , who knew this would be a bonus . Bloody hard work at first but getting easier. If I feel good tomorrow and if I get a decent nights kip tonight I would like to have some fresh air tomorrow maybe a 5 min stroll outside .

Yep, I got those triceps fired up too:heehee:
I think I walked with my arms for the first week or so...tiring.
Finally I trusted my hips.
Still had to do ALOT of upper body readjusting.
Hang in there ...it gets better.:)

Sleep slightly better last night tend to have 2 to 2 and a half hour batches . Up and dressed seems to take most of the morning then lunch . It’s lovely weather here today so a walk after lunch me thinks a quick 5 10 mins ready for more visitors this pm . Looking forward to get a bit more energy in the future so I can bomb around like I used to but I appreciate all in good time .

Great positive attitude and this will serve you well because...
You have had two bouts of anaesthetic and this is significant because of the stress on heart, lungs.
Double the amount of surgical 'assault' and thus double the amount of repair, healing and recovery
Since people are frequently totally unprepared for the impact of surgery on their bodies and their general stamina from one replacement, it's often the case that recovery from a bilateral is much more of an uphill struggle. This is okay if you are mentally and psychologically prepared but can be extremely distressing and frustrating if you are not.
I think you are very strong and if you can keep this recovery business slow and steady, you will be rocking those new hips for many years to come!:chuckmarch:

Did a 10 minute walk in the sun which was lush hard work no pain just learning to walk again and crutches can be hard on the hands . But feel great to get some fresh air . Lovely visit from a friend and well ready to hopefully to sleep fingers crossed . Looking forward to my lovely mum coming tomorrow .

Slept fairly well think I was exhausted after my first 10 minute walk lol . Looking forward to see my 92 year old mum soon and hopefully when she sees me she won’t worry so much bless her .
Walking with crutches improving still using two at the moment . Cant see that changing for a while . They are hard on your hands might wrap some toweling on them as walks increase . Really looking forward to ending restrictions I can’t tell you how many times I go to cross legs

So glad you will see your mother today.:ok:.
I do remember my walker being hard on my hands...my hubby split a piece of foam and wrapped it which did help some. After a week or so, I was able to trust my hips and the quads weren't AS sore, so I could quit putting all my weight on my hands.
Interesting to see the different protocols..walker vs crutches, etc.
I should think the walker would be a tad easier at this point:shrug:
I had a hard time not crossing my ankles...caught myself doing it ALOT.
Glad you were able to get some restorative sleep.:sleeep:
Healing hugs and hope today is a Good Day!:flwrysmile:

You continue to amaze me @cornishgal
You seem to be doing really well, patient and taking it all in stride.
I think your attitude will serve you well as you continue healing.
I hope you have a lovely visit with your dear mom today.
Sending a hug your way :friends:

Had a fab visit with my mum , she was relieved to see me up and about all be it in slow motion. I then had some more visitors and then a sleep . Missed a walk today as had lots of friends and family over . I think people are fascinated how you can stand and walk after two hip operations . I know I am !!
My heels had been rubbing on the bed and really stopping me sleeping. I now have a memory foam pillow which is perfect best sleep ever . Slept 11 pm to 2 and 3 to 7 am . Just walked outside for 10 minutes and did 36 steps as part of my circuit . Cornwall in the Uk is the most beautiful county but really hilly . Now time for some lovely lunch and a cuppa .

I too had this problem, made my heels burn as legs did not want to stay still and I suppose it's the pressure/friction.
My dear stepmother had a small sheepskin she lent me, and it was such a relief...albeit a bit too warm under there at times.
One aggravation replaced by another seems to be the name of the game these early days!:sigh:
Great that you got some restorative sleep...things will keep getting better and better and then you will he doing the chicken dance:chuckmarch:

Hey @Mojo333 I will ask the physiotherapist for the moves to that chicken dance.
The heel pressure burn is really annoying so I am so glad I found relief from it with my pillow. Sheepskin also is great way to do it too .
My legs felt a bit more like my legs today if that makes sense I feel slight straighter when walking around. But wow you so have to listen to your body at 3pm each day it’s time for some zzzzz for a hour or two . I usually find it hard to sleep but now as soon as I am in bed I’m offf to the land of nod . I expect it’s because night sleep isn’t in one block yet and body is shutting me down to repair after surgeries. I can’t wait to get some more energy back so I can test out Ant and Dec (my new hips named after two presenters on English telly) on a longer walk Hopefully with some sun .

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom