THR One woman, two hips , one week

Josephine recommends icing at least 45-60 minutes several times per day. I too iced as much as I could especially later in the day when you have been moving around.

swelling but awoke today looking a bit Kardashian around that area lol.

You're not the first to use that description. Funny thing is it seems universally understood. What a thing to be known for...your rear view :rotfl:

It's good to read you had some sleep last night. Sleep is some of the best medicine right now as our bodies do their best healing then. Snooze away if you're able :yawn:. :sleep:

Hope you have a peaceful day!
@cornishgal

Almost one week down and beginning to get in to some sort of a routine . The advice on BoneSmart has been amazing and such a comfort. Things I have learnt from BoneSmart are listening to your body it will tell you what you need rest eat sleep messages come up in a flash, there’s no controlling it. Taking my analgesia regularly and gel ice pads are my new must have assessory for summer 2019. Left leg beginning to feel a tad more even but still feels long but in time that will go hey this is all just temporary .
Tomorrow I have my second hip op on Right leg . Mixed feelings as just about got a handle on hip one and worried how I am going to get up my stairs post op . But Physiotherapists are there and will help with that and the nurses are amazing in the hospital . But be great to get it all over and done with and look forward to a full recovery .... how are the other sunbeams doing xxx wish you all much love xx

I know you will be glad that when these recoveries are done, you will be back to life in a big way.
Mixed feelings as just about got a handle on hip one
I'm sure you have to be anxious! At least mine were both at once.
But be great to get it all over and done with and look forward to a full recovery ....
Your amazing positive attitude will carry you through...
Healing hugs coming your way...:friends:

@cornishgal

It sounds like you are prepared for the next challenge. I wish you, your surgical team, and your support, the best. I look forward to hearing of your progression! I get strength and motivation from hearing of your efforts and successes! Like I would tell all my former teams, "Give em Hell" meaning, give it your best!!
:catdance:

Wishing you only the best tomorrow.
You are a courageous one for sure.
We're all rooting for you to have this last one behind you and be on your way.
Wishing you comfort as you wait. :friends:
@cornishgal

Thanks everyone, i went for a little walk today outside just did 10 mins but oh the fresh air was fab. Bag packed ready for round two tomorrow at least I know what to expect and hopefully it will go just as well ( minus low BP due to codeine) . So will post tomorrow when out of theatre , operation is in the morning . Thanks everyone for your good wishes and support means a lot . Having some friends over for a quick catchup and a cuppa in a mo which will take my mind of things . Until then cheerio xx

Wishing you all the best tomorrow when you knock out the second one. Hopefully it will be quick and uneventful and you'll be on your way to recovering from both and getting your life back.
:flwrysmile:

Thankyou everyone for taking the time to wish me well see you all tomorrow xxx

Last one and Done!:yes!:

Hi , out the other side hip two in situ, taking meds as have muscle spasm hopefully that will settle down soon . It’s midnight in Uk I am wide awake hopefully sleep will come soon . Phew feel relieved all done now . Upwards and onwards get on my feet tomorrow and then hopefully home soon

Hi @cornishgal :wave:
My superhero double hippy amazing BoneSmart pal.:friends:
So glad you are on the healing side once again and all done.
Sending all the best your way.:loveshwr::loveshwr:
You did it!

My bum has been is spasm all night now that’s different from last hip didn’t sleep too well .

I'm so sorry this is such a pain in the rear...hope it calms down soon.
:console2:

What a champ you are!
It's wonderful you have the two surgeries behind you and can concentrate on one recovery now.
With any luck you'll get some sleep today. I'm sorry about the spasms, I hope they ease soon.
Wishing you comfort as you begin the journey....again!
@cornishgal

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks