THR One week post op

That must have felt wonderful to hit the grocery store! :egypdance: Allow yourself to be almost silly happy about the little things just now. I found I really celebrated the smallest things to keep my move above water.
:flwrysmile:

:wave:
Happy one month hipversary!!
You are doing great and things will keep getting easier and better.
Hope today is a Good Day!:flwrysmile:

So, now I’m just over 4 weeks post op! Yeah! Feeling so much better! Walking pretty well without a cane in the house...still using it out and about.
I’m going back to work 3/20....and have devised a plan with my PT and surgeon due the nature of my job ..in and out houses working with babies birth to three. Does it sound reasonable to start at 20 hrs a week, working up to 30 hours a week, then eventually full time or am I being too ambitious.
Just curious and looking forward to hearing from those who have phased back into working!
Thanks!

Hi Julie, :wave:
It sounds like you're doing well :yay:
Returning to work seems a little ambitious to me at only 5 weeks post op. Especially working with babies and young children.

Check out the Phased Return To Work below and see what you think -
http://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/phased-return-to-work.5696/

I'm sure some who've returned early will stop by with opinions and advice.
I hope you have a nice weekend! :SUNsmile:
@juliewot

So I’m now 6 1/2 weeks post op! Went back to work part time this week...4 hrs a day.
Big accomplishment this week was getting on and off the floor with ease!!! Walking without my cane when home....still use it when out for security.
People said it would change my life and it has!
Disappointed I didn’t get any responses (other than one) about going back to work, but thankful I’m on the right road!

Hi Julie
Re work - do remember the energy drain and ice and rest when you get home even if only for an hour. It will really help your recovery to switch off once a day if you can. I found I got very tired in the first two months back at work particularly once a went back full time.

Getting up from the floor is a huge accomplishment . You are doing brilliantly. Glad you are still using the cane for security as many people drop that too soon. Listen to your body and you will know when it is time to cast it aside.

I hope it all gets better and better for you..

Late to this thread but just picking up on the night sweats issue. I've suffered from menopausal night sweats for 13 years - am one of the unlucky ones - but after the BHR (Feb 19th 2019) on night 2 I experienced absolutely drenching night sweats which continued until about 9 days ago. I put this big increase down to the meds - am on paracetamol and blood thinners. HOWEVER, as I have also been experiencing bad nerve pain down my leg I started to take Gabapentin and it's been a life changer, reduced nerve pain AND biggest bonus of all, the night sweats have 99% gone and am sleeping through the night as a result. Have read that Gabapentin is sometimes prescribed for hot flushes and have to say it's worked for me.

Hi Julie, you are brave going back to work in a environment that can be very unpredictable. I'm sure you have to keep very alert to toys, etc. on people's floors just waiting to be tripped over. Well done, but as Surreygirl says be sure to take some downtime once home.
:flwrysmile:

Happy Sunday!
Congrats on easing back into work. Glad you're taking it slow. You're right, THR does change our life. Or should I say, GIVES us back our life.

Funny thing, I used to love getting down and sitting on the floor. As I've aged I find furniture more comfy than the floor. Especially as my hip deteriorated. Any time I got on the floor then, I had to be close to something to use for leverage to get up! Not pretty. After THR, I didn't even think of trying the floor until many months later. Tried it and was amazed. I'm still preferring soft and squishy things to sit on over the floor, but it is nice to know I can get up and down on my own without assistance from anyone....or anything! :yay: :happydance:

Yay for you! You're doing great, Julie. Keep it up.
A wonderful week to you!
@juliewot

@hbl I have gabapentin but rarely take it anymore. And since that post no more night sweats! But I’ll keep that in mind!

Happy Two Month Anniversary! I hope all continues to go well for you.
Please leave in update next time you drop by and tell us something good!
We'd love to hear from you.
Wishing you a lovely Spring and continued healing. :SUNsmile:
@juliewot

Great news! I'm happy for you. Thanks for updating, Julie.
May it only get better and better.
Best wishes for a wonderful week ahead!
@juliewot

Happy Three Month Anniversary! :yay:
I hope all continues to go well and you're still enjoying progress.
Wishing you all the best going forward! :)
@juliewot

So happy to hear all is going so well.
Lots of improvement yet to come.
Hope your week is sweet @juliewot !

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope all is still going well, you're handling work and continuing to see progress on your healing journey.
Would love to read an update when you have time...
Wishing you have a lovely Spring and Summer! :flwrysmile:
@juliewot

@Layla
Life is amazing!!! I’ve been released from the surgeon until my one year follow up!
I’m back to work full time...so much happier and such a better therapist without the pain!
Just took my first vacation in 3+ years and had a blast!
Truly life changing surgery for me!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom