THR one week post-op, 39 years old

Hello @ravenina
A belated Happy Four Month Anniversary!
We hope all is well and you continue to enjoy progress.
Please leave an update as time allows. We’d love to hear from you!

Thank you!!

I have been quarantining because I had Covid but I’m better now. I’m back to work on Wednesday and am looking forward to getting back to exercising and continuing to lose weight.

No hip issues, I have a check up December 21.

Now that I can move without pain all I want to do is MOVE!!

Thankfully you’re over Covid. It’s nice to hear you don’t have any hip issues.
Wishing you well as you move toward your appointment, the holidays then the new year.
Be safe and stay well!
@ravenina

Hi @ravenina
So glad you are recovered from the virus and doing so well.
Isn't it just grand to be able to lead an active life with no hip pain.:egypdance:
Hope all keeps getting better and better....:tada:

Had a scare. Slipped and fell on some ice back in January when Madrid got a rare snowstorm.

Things haven't felt the same since. My alignment is off, I can feel myself leaning more towards the outside of my operated side. Went to go see the doctor at the orthopedic surgeon at the ER (it's how things are done here, June 18 I have my follow-up with my regular surgeon) in February, told me I had tendonitis in my knee (where I was having severe pain), barely looked at my hip (which wasn't hurting). Hip now has occasional pain, the other non-operated hip has started to hurt. I'm scared and nervous. Tendonitis is better. I'm hoping it's just a matter of exercise (which I have been doing) and stretching to fix things.

Hello @ravenina
I‘m sorry you slipped, fell and continue to struggle.

I'm hoping it's just a matter of exercise (which I have been doing) and stretching to fix things.

Consider stepping away from the exercise you’re engaging in for a few weeks and see if you notice a difference. Possibly what you’re doing is hurting more than helping? It may be worth a try...

Wishing you speedy relief. Stay in touch. :)

Maybe, though when I don't exercise I generally feel bad, I have a need to move. I don't think I'm doing anything excessive - abductors, adductors, abs, bike, upper body machines. I've stopped doing things that hurt after the fall, such as the glute machine.

I still haven't gone to get checked out as I don't' feel that bad, but it's also a fear of finding out what it is, if it's something serious.

I still haven't gone to get checked out as I don't' feel that bad, but it's also a fear of finding out what it is, if it's something serious.

I do understand your apprehension, however...if something is wrong and it needs attention, you may as well find out, address it and move forward. You may also be reassured that it’s nothing serious and receive instructions on how to deal with the issue until it resolves. If you’re not ready to do this, I’d still recommend stepping away from the exercises to see if it helps. You‘ll never know unless you give it a try.
I hope you have a pleasant weekend!

Thank you, Layla. I did get it checked out and everything is fine. I was told to do yoga and pilates to fix issues with my alignment. I feel better but will feel even moreso after my one-year check up with my surgeon in June. I also know I need to lose a significant amount of weight, and that will help.

Great news that you had it checked and all is well. I’m glad you’re feeling better and wish you all the best with your one year post op appointment with your surgeon.
Have a nice week! :SUNsmile:
@ravenina

Thanks, @Layla. I hope you're doing okay! My ankles have begun swelling up and that post-op check can't get here soon enough!

At the ER with this hip. Last night it started squeaking and grinding sounds started. It squeaks more the more weight I put on it. The doctor in the initial evaluation stated everything appears normal, but I feel it is not. I had been feeling so good, too.

Got a different doctor after the X-ray. The femoral head is a little too high on my left prothesis. That’s what’s causing the discomfort and noise. I have a follow-up with my surgeon on the 29th of this month and we’ll discuss options. I’m hoping to avoid another surgery but I fear it’s inevitable.

@ravenina Oh, I hate to see this update. I hope it doesn't require a surgery/revision. Please keep us informed and in the meanwhile, I am sending you best wishes for the right answers.

I'm so sorry to read that you're struggling with discomfort and possibly facing an additional surgery, ravenina. Hopefully it won't be necessary, but if it is, I am sure you'll do well and you know we'll be here to offer support. It's too bad you have to wait through the holiday to meet with your surgeon. :console2: I wish you comfort and joy over Christmas. Please stay in touch and let us know how your appointment goes.
@ravenina

I'm so sorry to read that you're struggling with discomfort and possibly facing an additional surgery, ravenina. Hopefully it won't be necessary, but if it is, I am sure you'll do well and you know we'll be here to offer support. It's too bad you have to wait through the holiday to meet with your surgeon. :console2: I wish you comfort and joy over Christmas. Please stay in touch and let us know how your appointment goes.
@ravenina
Thank you. I’m already mentally preparing for surgery again. And I actually see my surgeon tomorrow! Fingers crossed for positive news.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member