One week out!

Doroth

Country
United States United States
The hospital released me day after surgery. I was taking short walks around the hospital. with support.
Kept my legs raised, swelling went down considerably with massage and ice packs. No real pain, just occasional throbs, limit of energy, movement. Doing prescribed PT. Bored of being sick, I was really active beforehand. Cause: I was walking, slipped on gravel, fell badly, it broke. how was everyone first two/three weeks? The other threads I have read here are quite interesting. Thanks. PS: 67 really great physical shape, very healthy lifestyle and attitude.

djklaugh

Staff member since December 30, 2020
BoneSmart Staff
Country
United States United States
@Doroth Welcome to BoneSmart! What was the date of your surgery and which shoulder? Did you have a total joint replacement or some other type of surgery? Do you have the arm in a sling?

The first couple of weeks are the hardest. It does take time to heal from any kind of surgery so pull out all the patience you have and use it! Plus in the long run you will do much better to heal first before doing any kind of reconditioning of the shoulder. Trying to do too much too soon could put excess strain on you healing shoulder and do more damage.

Alas boredom is a frequent complaint around here and a hard fact of healing particularly for someone like yourself who is use to being active. You can check out the Social Room here (under the community heading above) for lots of "off topic" threads for ideas and amusement .... plus there is a games area if those might interest you.

Jaycey

ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Doroth Welcome to BoneSmart! Your biggest challenge is going to be patience. Yes, you were active. But for now, you need to focus on healing and giving your body time to recover. There is no pushing through any of this process.

The good news is you will get back to active living again. Just give that shoulder time and focus on any PT that is recommended. You are not in training - you are healing.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
arthrosurgeon
Recent bookmarks
Top Bottom