Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

MUA One Step at a Time

OP
OP
sectac

sectac

Country
United States United States
Well it's been a while since I've posted anything to my account. Since it has been almost 6 months since my MUA I was wondering if anyone has experienced a few things that have been going on with my knees. For example, sometimes when I'm walking around my thigh muscles will give out on me. This doesn't cause me to trip or anything like that but for a moment I look a little silly like I'm doing a weird dance:flabber: The only pain medicine I am taking is Naproxen and that's just when I get up. I hardly have any pain at all anymore and the weird dance move I make doesn't cause me any pain just a little embarrassed. I've been walking without a cane for a few months (and doing well). The only time I use my cane is when I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom because I may feel a little disoriented and I definitely don't want to fall. Any suggestions on how to help my thigh muscles?

Rockgirl4

Forum Advisor
Country
This has happened to me after numerous knee surgeries when my quad wasn't back to full strength. I don't know how you feel about exercising, but I had to do a lot of leg lifts and other quad-strengthening exercises to stop the "giving out" of the knee. Within 2-3 weeks, I noticed a huge difference.

Country
I concur. Exercising the muscles above, below and about the knee are VERY beneficial. I exercised as much as I could pre TKR an increasingly so after as the weeks passed. Including some exercises I simply do in bed (such as basic leg lifts etc.) as described online and prescribed by PTs/ docs.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Schnoodle1
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom