one for the girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracie

hi everyone ive just come home from meeting my best friends little boy he is only 18hours old what a cutie. i am myself extremely broody and would love to have another baby ive not been able to because of my medication im on for my hip. just wondered if any of the ladies on here have had children after hip replacement my surgeon said it will be absolutely fine,also how long would be advisable to wait after surgery xx:D:pzld:

Hi, Tracy.....when is your hip surgery? Or have you had it already?

Thanks, Tracie. I can't recall anyone on the forum that has had a baby after surgery, but that doesn't mean there isn't someone out there that I have forgotten about. Hope you get a response or two from women who have been through it.

Did you ask your doctor how long you should wait? Obviously you need to be recovered, so I'm guessing he might suggest waiting 6 months or so....but that's just a guess on my part. Jo may know more of the "rules."

i did mention it to him but at that point i didnt even have my surgery date so he said he would talk more about it after my surgery was done. i suppose because there isnt lots of females on here in their early 30s that have had thr its not been a topic of discussion prob jo will know thanks jamie xxx

About 8-10 months as a minimum, I would think. Pregancy and delivery doesn't pose too much of a problem for THR patients.

tracie, my mom had my brother after her first hip replacement and did just fine. funny i'm the one with the dysplasia not him. i wish my third daughter would have been after the replacement instead of havng to be pregnant and in so much pain.

yes i cant even think how much pain you would have been being so restricted with medication you can take in pregnancy thats good to know its ok after thr x thanks jo 4 the info xx

My OS said that pregnancy after thr is not an issue. Its one of the reasons that they avoid putting metal on metal prosthesis in (because of metal ions going to the baby, I think) ....
A baby .... that would be wonderful for you, a good motivator to get strong and healthy after surgery....
I vaguely recall a surgeon I knew saying 12 months.....personally I'm done.....43 and 5 kids is a good effort, although I was with a friend today who has 7 children. I don't know how she can afford to feed them all!

Rachel

yes i to have heard that about metal on metal,yes i would say thats a great effort on the children front its great having a big family though isnt it,i myself am one of six all girls as well my poor mum.your also right about the baby being a great motivator xxx

Hey Tracy....When your done go make some babies and we want to see., well the pics of the baby.....lol.!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you today....Your surgery is coming up and will be over before you know it........I sure hope you post and keep us updated........Welcome......Love the thread title !!!!!!!!!!!!!hehe

i will defo keep you all posted after my surgery x its so great to come on hear and talk with people in your exact position ie with the same pain,disabilities as i have,sometimes i feel like i bore some of my family and friends when i mention my hip,but on here you can just support each other its a god send xxx

Well, that's our strength here, tracie. We never get bored!

Hi Tracie and all, I am an "ole' lady of 56 who had totally successful TRHR surgery a year ago. While I don't know the specifics of childbearing after HR surgery for obvious reasons, I can tell you that if I were 20-30 years younger and feeling as well as I do it would not be an issue. (my "kids" are 27 and 31)Bet your Dr will say the same. This surgery is indeed like a miracle.

Take good care.
Laurie

Hi Tracie - I seem to remember another member called "Heidi" who actually announced her post hip replacement pregnancy here on the forum earlier this year. I think the baby was due in October. Maybe go back through some of the older posts and see if you can find her.

Good luck with your surgery and future pregnancy! Both will probably be two of the best things you ever do for yourself! :thmb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie